Intuitive Surgical Careers
Associate Production Controller
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-US-NC-Raleigh
Requisition ID: 190463
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
This is an Associate Production Controller position, seeking a creative and flexible individual to assist with the Production Order Management and Inventory Control activities within Service Operations. They will provide guidance, technical and administrative review of transactional accuracy including mentoring for all operations teams performing transactions in the ERP business system.
• Correct set up and utilization of work orders in compliance with requirements.
• Appropriate use of ERP system transactions as they were designed for different processes and work order types.
• Review and/or release production orders to the production floor.
• Goods movement related transactions of work orders – GI/GR.
• Administer cycle counts and reconcile inventory discrepancies with proper root cause analysis, driving improved transactional and process execution.
• Ensure timely closure of work orders as requested and specified by Service Depot management.
• Provide work order and transactional ERP training and mentoring for production/repair teams.
• Act as first level escalation in resolving any worker order, transactions, goods movement related issues prior to escalation with IT.
• Participate in work order related testing and UAT as applicable.
• Provide feedback about incorrect material set up or other material master set up issues to the planning team.
• Monitor and report overall work order closure status and accuracy of transaction used for component movements.
• Understand and execute Systems Remanufacturing processes, as they relate to the role of the Associate Production Controller.
• Understand proper BOM (bill of materials) and traveler/routing structure, as they relate to both SAP and Agile.
• Apply Deviations, ECO redlines, and routing changes, as authorized and intended by Automated Change Control System (ACCS).
• Resolve work order variances and quality notification tasks.
• Assist in coordination and implementation of engineering change orders.
(Competency is based on: education, training, skills and experience.) In order to adequately perform the responsibilities of this position the individual must have:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent in work/education experience
• Understanding of Materials management, RMA processing, Quality and Regulatory requirements.
• Knowledge of general manufacturing practices is required.
• Understanding of Business Information Systems (i.e. SAP, Clarify, Agile) and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite of applications.
• Exhibit excellent oral and written communication skills.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.