Intuitive Surgical Careers
Manufacturing Engineering Co-op (Fall)
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-US-NC-Raleigh
Requisition ID: 190460
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
• Must be available to work full-time hours, M-F for 14-16 weeks during a typical academic semester. Preference is availability to commit to 2 co-op rotations.
• Support Manufacturing Engineers with product and process input to enhance manufacturing processes
• Provides product and process Design for manufacturability input to enhance manufacturing and service processes
• Assists in creation and maintenance of efficient manufacturing assembly line
• Gains efficient experience with Agile and other business tools that would lead to specifying and/or refining BOMs, work flow processes and detailed work instructions.
• Provides training and support to manufacturing technicians.
• Supports the design, qualification, documentation and introduction of production and service assembly/test fixtures and equipment.
• Learns technical support analyzing and /or performing failure analysis for discrepant production components, assemblies and field returns.
• Participates in initiative focused on yield improvement, material cost reduction, capacity enhancement, and outsourcing of assemblies.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Great work ethic and an enthusiasm for problem solving.
• Excellent communication skills
• Self-starter and able to work in a collaborative and results oriented environment.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.