Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 190456
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Intuitive Surgical designs and manufactures highly complex mechanical systems for use in surgery. The Mechanical Design Engineer is responsible for developing, documenting, and validating new product designs, as well as improving existing designs to meet the needs of our customers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Design components and assemblies for surgical systems
• Analyze and test product designs.
• Investigate clinical requirements
• Create product functional and design specifications
• Create product architectures
• Analyze and test product designs
• Develop vendors to manufacture components
• Develop initial fixtures and processes to assemble components
• Develop product assembly instructions
• Develop and perform component verification testing and product validation testing
• Support production of final product by troubleshooting process and component problems
• Provide engineering support to Manufacturing, Materials, Test Engineering, and Service to facilitate transfer of designs.
• Develop Design History Files per FDA requirements
• BSME required, MSME preferred
• Minimum 7 years experience designing commercial mechanical products
• Proficiency using CAD to design mechanisms; ProE and/or SolidWorks preferred
• Hands-on engineering with the proven ability to work well in a team environment
• Comfortable with all phases of the product development lifecycle including design, implementation, debug, verification, qualification, and transfer
• Strength in design analysis and testing
• Good communication and documentation skills
• Comfortable operating machine shop equipment
• Strong understanding of component selection criteria, and design for reliability and manufacturability
• Prefer medical product experience
• Prefer electro mechanical experience
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.