Intuitive Surgical Careers
Material Handler 2
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-US-NC-Raleigh
Requisition ID: 190428
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The Material Handler 2 is a position requiring experience in warehousing operations, advanced technical skills (equipment operation, cycle counting, space utilization, handling efficiency), in-depth knowledge of inventory management systems and software (Agile, SAP, WMS).
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
This position will fulfill the following roles:
• Receiving: Receiving materials, physically and systemically, to be used in production operations and engineering projects.
• Parts Put-away: Physically and systemically moving approved Production materials from Incoming Quality staging areas into Warehouse storage locations.
o Parts Replenishment: Point-of-use parts replenishment for designated production lines.o MT (Material Transfer): Fulfilling and transacting MT requests, received either electronically or via hard copy.o Sales Order Fulfillment: Fulfilling and transacting Sales Orders and Service Transfer Orders.
• Pack Out: Packing System carts, FRUs (Field Replaceable Units) and kits.
• Comply with general Good Warehouse Practices (GWP) and Warehouse housekeeping processes.
• Communicate verbally and via email the status of material movements and transactions to appropriate internal customers.
• Actively participate in the Continuous Improvement program, including the creation and implementation of small scale improvements.
• Perform material movement transactions accurately in SAP, including WMS movements
• Be trained and certified to operate advanced material handling equipment. (Stand-up and order picking lift trucks, and/or electric pallet jack).Qualifications
• Effectively apply knowledge of material flow and basic warehousing principles to Material Handling assignments (FIFO, consolidation, lean principles.)
• Participate in cross-functional projects.
• At the direction of the Supervisor, support training new personnel or cross-train existing personnel, including all required documentation, record keeping and reporting.
• Perform cycle counts and other Warehouse activities as needed.
Competency Requirements: (competency is based on: education, training, skills and experience.)
• Possess high school degree or GED.
• Minimum 2-years of experience in Material Handling operations preferred.
• Experience and/or certification in operating material-handling equipment preferred.
• Ability to lift material up to 50 lbs.
• Extensive walking and repetitive physical motion (squatting, bending, lifting, climbing ladders) is required.
• Ability to adhere to attendance, safety, quality, and performance guidelines.
• Ability to effectively communicate with peers and internal customers, both verbally and written.
• Inventory control experience (cycle counting, physical inventories) preferred.
• Experience with computer systems (MS Office, SAP, Agile, WMS) preferred.
• Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing 5s, and Kanban processes a plus.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.