Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Support Administrator
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 190426
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
The SSA is responsible for supporting hardware and software for all US based employees by utilizing best practices as facilitated by the IT Support, Infrastructure, Secruity and Application departments respectively. The scope of support includes: laptops, desktops, printers, mobile devices, telecom (VOIP), servers, network equipment, Operating Systems (Windows, Mac, Server), Cisco OS, SMTP, SAS administration, virtual environments, and various ISI corporate supported business applications (e.g. MS Office, SAP, OKTA (SSO) Citrix).
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position has responsibility and authority to:
• Respond to requests for IT assistance as escalated from other support tiers
• Provide workaround, root cause analysis, trending and reporting for Problem management processes
• Document and maintain processes, best practices, knowledge base and training materials
• Support all building needs (eg; printer configuration, network port configuration)
• Manage / participate in value added projects as needed
• Administer Cisco networking hardware such as IOS based Catalyst LAN Switches, Wireless Access Points
• Administer Security services (eg; Firewall, whitelisting, spam filter, resource access, account issues)
• Administer Windows Active Directory, Azure, Exchange / Office 365 sync (calendar resources, accounts) and ability to design core services (eg; DHCP, DNS, NTFS, DFS, SCCM)
• Administering Network Appliance Filers and CIFS protocol
• Manage local IT vendor relationships and scheduling as required (eg; printer / mobile device vendor account support)
• Misc. IT related duties including but not limited to OS building, powershell scripting, mentoring, training, etc
Competency Requirements: (Competency is based on: education, training, skills and experience.) In order to adequately perform the responsibilities of this position the individual must have:
• At least 5 years experience administering Windows services• 8+ years working with Information Systems for a US based corporation in any capacity• Bachelor’s degree / related technical certificates or equivalent work experience required• 24x7x365 availability for escalated critical issues a must• Expert knowledge supporting Windows Operating Systems• Expert knowledge supporting Active Directory and services• Strong knowledge of Cisco wireless infrastructure, switches and routers• Strong scripting (automation) and reporting skills• Some knowledge of ITIL ITSM (preffered, not required)• Must be able to work independently and be self-directed• Must have strong organizational skills, and excellent communication skills, both verbal and written• Should be flexible and able to complete projects outside normal daily duties as needed
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.