Intuitive Surgical Careers
Associate Product Manager
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 190355
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The Associate Product Manager role is an upstream and downstream marketing role in the Instruments & Accessories business unit. Primary functions for upstream marketing are to represent Product Marketing on cross functional product development teams, providing voice of customer, marketing requirements, and marketing deliverables to support the launch of new products. Primary functions for downstream marketing are to support global product launches, sales and customer training, customer events, and collateral development.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Become proficient on da Vinci Surgical System technologies and clinical applications in order to engage in meaningful decision-making conversations with surgeons, sales, marketing, training, and other corporate teams.
• Become a da Vinci Energy subject matter expert. Develop a deep understanding of surgeon energy needs and the competitive energy marketplace in order to communicate marketing requirements to cross functional product development teams.
• Build and leverage product management skills including market research, forecasting, branding, and labeling.
• Create marketing deliverables and analysis to support the product development process.
• Create product launch book deliverables to support global product launches.
• Work cooperatively with global marketing partners, sales, training and key surgeon champions to successfully grow the utilization of da Vinci Energy products.
• Maintain a front-line presence for the customer experience, assisting Sales with critical troubleshooting and raising trending product performance issues
• Develop marketing collateral, communications, and tools to grow adoption of advanced energy products in da Vinci procedures.
• Participate in new product launches through cooperative work with other members of the global marketing team and field sales.
• Attend key tradeshows and conferences to assist with product demonstrations, technology suites and market research.
• Develop and maintain procedural knowledge and key surgeon relationships by attending cases, providing product demonstrations to hospital executives or surgeons, and collaborating with Clinical Marketing and engineering.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in a therapeutic or medical device company• A proven record of achievement and skillset growth• Demonstrated ability to work creatively, prioritize and smoothly manage goals and initiatives amidst competing priorities• Self-starter with ability to problem solve and establish solutions in a high-growth and fast-pace environment• Ability to think critically• Strong attention to detail• Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills, teamwork, and interpersonal skills across multiple constituents• Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office product suite• Ability to travel 25%, globally
Education and Training Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree required
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.