Intuitive Surgical Careers
Inventory Control Analyst 3
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 190352
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
As Senior Inventory Analyst, you are responsible for devising and executing effective strategies for I&A raw materials to maximize inventory turns, service levels, and customer satisfaction. Your role will be to support Manufacturing, Planning, and Operations while reviewing material accuracies. Communication and collaboration with Compliance, Quality Control, Distribution, Material Operations, Finance, Accounting, and Supply Chain Planning. Provide assistance and guidance to junior analysts. Drive the team to achieve established department goals and maintain proper documentation within areas of responsibility.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Develop and report analytics related to inventory accuracy, root cause analysis, and trends to improve cycle count and distribution performance.• Maintain, report and drive improvements to internal replenishment processes. Also reporting on DOH metrics for WIP locations.• Manage & improve inventory processes, accuracy, and reduce variances. Develop ways to optimize material control procedures.• Provide support for service demand by reporting shortages and keeping OTD adherence.• Maintain, report, and drive STO’s, direct to Mexico northbound replenishment process.• Participate in Cycle Count, Physical Inventories and reconciliation activities in coordination with junior analysts.• Responsible for the inventory integrity of all Warehouse and WIP inventories. Manage & improve inventory processes, accuracy, and reduce variance.• Able to audit compliance on cycle count policy and communicate status/results to Management.• Develop and maintain KPI’s for the process and inform management when escalation is required.• Develop and implement process improvements solutions to reduce material discrepancies, improve material replenishment, increase inventory accuracy, and reduce aging inventory and/or reconciliation errors.• Support for special projects requiring immediate data extraction, manipulation, and reporting.• Assist internal or external audits, address and advise on departmental CAPA’s• Interfaces with all departmental supervisors, support functions, engineering, program management, and other pertinent functions within the operations.• Other duties as assigned by Warehouse Manager.
• Possesses either a high school or an Associate’s degree
• Minimum 3 years prior warehouse experience and/or exhibits knowledge of inventory control activities (cycle counts, physical inventory, root cause analysis, replenishment processes etc.)
• Knowledge of GMP’s and previous work experience in a medical manufacturing environment is preferred.
• Ability to lift 35 pounds frequently each day.
• Extensive walking and repetitive physical motion (squatting, bending, lifting) is required (at least 70% of hours worked).
• Able to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness in completing work assignments, while complying with verbal and written instructions.
• Able to work with minimal supervision.
• Prior computer experience (including MS Office products and ERP systems). SAP and Agile preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.