Intuitive Surgical Careers
Media Relations Manager
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 190317
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Intuitive is the pioneer and a global technology leader in robotic-assisted, minimally invasive surgery. Intuitive develops, manufactures and markets the da Vinci surgical system, one of the first robotic-assisted systems cleared by the FDA for general laparoscopic surgery. The company strives to make surgery more effective, less invasive and easier on surgeons, patients and their families.
Primary Function of Position:
The Global Public Affairs (GPA) team is focused on enhancing the company’s corporate reputation, mitigating risk, and educating and engaging key audiences on the company technology and value. As a member of the GPA team, you will support GPA communications outreach, messaging, and programs targeting key external audiences with a focus on media relations.
In this role, you will play a pivotal role in supporting, developing, implementing and executing media relations activities for the GPA team, including:
• Develop and edit compelling and high-quality deliverables, including written content with a focus on media materials, including communications plans, press releases, talking points, articles/op-eds, Q&As and memos.Qualifications
• Develop and manage strategy and content specific to GPA activity and areas of focus for the corporate website and intranet.
• Assist with the development of GPA team communication processes, approvals, policies, procedures and templates.
• Five to 7 years of experience in public affairs, media relations, public relations, or journalism.
• Exceptional writing ability—can convey complex information clearly and concisely in written materials.
• Very strong attention to detail
• Excellent editing skills with the ability to translate technical topics into simple, relatable content.
• Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to deliver high quality work in a timely fashion while managing multiple projects.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively within a team environment, negotiate approvals diplomatically, influence across the organization, and maintain composure and quality of work product under pressure.
• Energetic and resourceful problem solver who gets things moving, keeps them on track, and ensures their successful completion.
• Make-it-happen attitude and willingness to contribute to projects that fall outside the scope of core responsibilities, if and as needed.
• Experience working in a regulated industry or knowledge of the medical technology industry.
• Experience working in a global corporate environment.
• Experience in media relations (agency, government or corporate), journalism and in medical and policy communications.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.