Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Software Engineer
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 190307
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical, Inc. means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Develop the state-of-the-art techniques for planning and intraoperative guidance in image-guided surgery.Qualifications
• Analyze data and report real-time performance, accuracy, precision and sensitivity of algorithms to uncertainties.
• Evaluate system performance with large datasets.
• Participate in the in-vivo experiments and contribute to the product development efforts.
• Conduct technical design reviews with team members.
• Prepare documentation and user manuals for the system.
• Graduate level degree (computer science, electrical engineering or equivalent) preferred.• Minimum 5 years of experience in software engineering for medical imaging, physically-based modeling, contact modelling, advanced rendering and augmented reality systems.• A strong track record of research and publications in the areas of image guidance, physically-based modelling and augmented reality is required.• Excellent background in software design patterns and data structure is required.• Excellent C/C++ programming skills required.• Proficiency in one of the GPU programming languages is required.• Knowledge of, and working experience with scripting languages such as python and bash is required.• Knowledge of, and experience with, medical imaging technologies (e.g., CT, MRI) is required• Experience with distributed communication frameworks such as GRPC or Protocol Buffers is a plus.• Knowledge of numerical techniques and optimization is a plus.• Experience working with DHFs and standards in a regulated industry (e.g. medical devices) is a plus• Must have excellent communication and writing skills.• A passion for learning and getting to the root of complex technical problems• A desire to deliver a quality and innovative product that improves people’s lives
Commitment: Must be available to work full-time hours.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.