Intuitive Surgical Careers
Inspection Quality Control Technician
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-US-NC-Raleigh
Requisition ID: 190303
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
IQC Technician will be performing inspections of purchased parts, assemblies and products to ensure incoming specifications have been met. The Technician will document and communicate the inspection results prior to release of the product to manufacturing and finished goods.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Operate vision system and other standard metrology equipment for open set-up inspectionQualifications
• Conduct FAI, visual/dimensional inspection of purchased parts materials and assemblies to procedures or specifications and disposition based upon results
• Create inspection history files and document inspection results
• Maintain traceability of component materials as to inspection status
• Handle materials in accordance to procedures and prevent mix-ups, damage or other adverse effects.
• Log/track materials from receiving inspection process including recording transactions and moving materials to stock locations
• Communicate inspection results to appropriate personnel
• Maintains the accuracy of identification and count of materials.
• Performs any other projects or duties that may be assigned.
• Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or equivalent. Working knowledge of GMP and GD&T standards.
• Language Skills: Ability to read, write and understand English. Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees, supervisors, or engineers.
• Mathematical Skills: Ability to add and subtract multi-digit numbers (including decimals); to multiply and divide; to find averages, percentages and ranges. Ability to determine the minimum, maximum and nominal value when provided with a specification and a tolerance. Ability to perform basic math on a calculator.
• Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables. Ability to understand the basic material flow from the stock room to finished goods, Bill-of-Material structure, and cycle counting procedures. Ability to report quality issues. Ability to suggest simple process improvements.
• Computer skills: Ability to use personal computers as part of daily work including MS Office suite. Ability to use systems (Agile/SAP) to check drawings, BOM structures, procedures, training records is preferred. Ability to use on-line documentation.
• Other skills and abilities: Ability to work in a team environment. Ability to work varying shifts. Must have ability to complete training courses. Ability to use standard inspection tools (e.g. micrometers, calipers, rulers, etc.).
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.