Intuitive Surgical Careers
Primary Location: United States-Virginia-US-VA-Blacksburg
Requisition ID: 190283
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
Intuitive Surgical designs and manufactures highly complex systems for use in surgery. The Production Technician is responsible for supporting the Blacksburg, VA manufacturing line.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Produce mechanical, electrical, and fiber optic assemblies on a manufacturing lineQualifications
• Conduct testing of fiber optic assemblies
• Closely follow documented assembly and test processes
• Conduct basic troubleshooting of manufacturing issues
• Support experiments lead by manufacturing engineering
• Support training of new technician hires on specified station(s) on manufacturing line
• Perform preventive maintenance and calibration per provided procedures
• Document test results using paper and electronic means (Word, Excel, SAP)
• Perform SAP transactions related to manufacturing
• Work with engineering to improve assembly and manufacturing methods
• Follows all corporate, safety and production procedures and regulations
• High school diploma or equivalent required• AA or equivalent from a two-year college/technical school or 4 year college experience preferred• Previous manufacturing experience with ERP and/or document control systems required• Proficiency with computers, including Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)• Previous experience with ISO 9001, ISO 13485, or similar QMS preferred• Hands-on technician with the proven ability to work well in a team environment• Good communication and documentation skills• Attention to detail with focus on quality• Fiber optic experience preferred• Soldering experience a plus
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.