Intuitive Surgical Careers
Supply Chain Operations Specialist, I &A
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 190279
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
• Drives corporate supply operations initiatives supporting complex direct material supply chains with focus on supply continuity, inventory health, process development and change control.
• Project manage cross-functional teams with focus on implementing supply solutions, process enhancements, and optimize inventory utilization.
• Assist in driving key supply operations initiatives to support the ongoing transformation and continuous improvement of systems and processes in the procurement organization.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Material Inventory Health Control
o Leads root cause identification and resolution implementation.o Supports eliminating supply disruptions at the supplier level.o Leverages problem solving skills and develops counter-measures to implement long-term solutions to identified problems.o Implements continuous improvements based on strategic analysis by challenging existing processes and collaborating with key internal partners.o Manages special purchasing and business related projects as requested.
• System Applications, Process Development and Maintenance
o Supports SIOP improvements, and supplier portal implementation and enhancements.o Mentors colleagues within the supply chain organization. Identifies process and training improvement opportunities and drives closure of identified gaps.o Independently identifies and leads projects that support automated process opportunities and departmental report needs, then works with IT to develop specifications and test scripts as required to fully deploy.
• Process Management, Procedures, Optimization, and Controls
o Documents standard operating procedures and supporting training tools.o May drive improvement initiatives with production and logistics.o Supports Purchasing staff in improving inventory velocity and component safety stock programso May provide support for internal and external audits
• Data / ERP Management and Integrity
o Establish and Optimize clear controls for SAP/ERP material master data, vendor information, and overall procurement data. Establish clear executable set up and management for a global multi-plant environmento Establish and Improve processes for gathering critical supplier data such as lead-time and capacity.o Develop analytics to support tactical and strategic procurement initiatives in both areas.
• Engineering Change Order (ECO) Management
o Lead process improvement to effectively cut-in part changes to existing products with cross-functional Operations team.o Develop tools to provide visibility and tracking of upcoming changes.o Enhance analytics to assess health of process such as cost of changes, organizational workload, and supply disruptions.
Qualificationso Create work instructions and process improvement for Excess & Obsolete
• BS degree or equivalent and minimum 10 years of purchasing experience in a regulated industry manufacturing environment (medical device preferred). Master’s degree preferred.• Certifications: CPSM, CPIM, and/or PMP preferred.• Significant computer experience including MS Office products and ERP systems, preferably SAP and Agile. Strong Excel skills.• Proven track record of effective project management in a fast-paced manufacturing company (medical device preferred).• Working knowledge of buying, material planning, operations support, master scheduling, and forecasting.• Demonstrates concern for precision and thoroughness.• Proven ability to consistently achieve stretch goals and objectives.• Experience with people management and/or extensive cross-functional team leadership. Proven track record of promoting positive team culture and employee development.• Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects successfully.• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.• Strong presentation and negotiation skills.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.