Intuitive Surgical Careers
Director Global Hospital Marketing
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 190277
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The Director of Global Hospital Marketing will lead and execute the overall messaging strategy to amplify Intuitive’ category, supported by measurable and meaningful value among stakeholders in the hospital enterprise on a global scale.
Intuitive is looking for a storyteller and leader, experienced in hospital marketing strategy, and value messaging to evangelize the corporate marketing, commercial organization and external customers through integrated multi-channel marketing. This leader will coach and develop a team of marketers that unify complex, multifaceted propositions and execute marketing campaigns. This key role will serve as the primary face of Hospital Marketing and partner cross-functionally and cross-regions to drive a cohesive hospital value story and build personalized, data driven proof points in unconventional ways.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Qualifications• Oversee the development and execution of hospital marketing campaigns to build new category awareness and drive global demand generation among surgeons, operating room teams and hospital administration.• Lead deep dives into the understanding of hospital stakeholders and customer journey mapping. Develop frameworks and personas for overall messaging for hospital segments globally.• Develop messaging, best practice content development and deployment across the various hospital personas.• Ensure global hospital messaging frameworks and proof points are clear and consistently brought to life across marketing channels• Act as the category champion for Intuitive, ensuring understanding across the company on the value we create for our customers and how our integrated ecosystem of products, solutions and services we develop contribute to it.• Track, analyze and report on messaging campaign performance• Champion value based orientation and empower marketing teams to effectively elevate category messaging and promote the value of Intuitive across all core procedure verticals and portfolio of products and solutions.• Partner cross-functionally with all product marketing, regional marketing and comms teams amplify Intuitive’s category narrative for new and existing technologies and clinical procedures supported by proof points anchored in measurable clinical, operational and economic value.• Build out, train and deliver quantify the impact (QTI) strategies globally to expose clinical improvement, program optimization and market expansion opportunities for hospital customers.• Proactively stay abreast of hospital industry trends and developments with the goal of developing corporate marketing and messaging strategies that remove barriers to accelerated adoption of Intuitive products and solutions.• Interface closely with Healthcare Economics, Market Access and Clinical Affairs teams to build hospital value messaging rooted in clinical evidence
In order to adequately perform the responsibilities of this position, the individual must have the following:
• Minimum 5 years of management experience
• Experience managing cross-channel marketing campaigns, activating and building category messages
• Physician and hospital marketing experience in a therapeutic medical device or healthcare services.
• Experience working with C-suite hospital administrators and decision support functions within hospitals and health systems is also desired
• Familiarity with health economic / hospital finance fundamentals
• Strong track-record of operating within a highly matrixed organization where business partners span commercial and operations functions in different countries.
• Proven track record of leadership by example and recruiting and developing high performing teams
• Superior speaking and storytelling skills to small and large audiences
• Proven ability to make the complex easy to understand and effectively build customer belief and drive product adoption
• Demonstrated ability to work creatively amidst competing priorities to deliver high-impact marketing programs on-time and within budget to support overall marketing strategy and business objectives.
• Disciplined self-starter with ability to lead in unstructured environment. Handles ambiguity well and guides others positively and effectively in fast paced environment.
• Bachelor’s degree in life science or business discipline. MBA or advanced degree is desirable.
• Ability to travel 25-30% domestically & internationally
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.