Intuitive Surgical Careers
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 190276
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of this role:
Intuitive Surgical, Inc. produces the da Vinci® Surgical System, a minimally invasive robotic surgery system that uses proprietary software control, advanced mechanics, and enhanced visualization to extend surgical technique and precision beyond the limits of the human hand. The Software Engineer will perform a critical role of meeting daVinci system functional specifications on production line to ensure highest level of product quality, reliability and safety. You will collaborate with various engineering groups (Data scientists, manufacturing engineers, design engineers, systems analyst, supplier engineers, quality engineers, equipment engineers) supporting production line with a focus on solving production yield issues with test and measurements.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position has responsibility and authority for:
• Develop and maintain comprehensive systems/sub-systems/component level test and measurement strategy in manufacturingQualifications
• Fine tune test methodologies, algorithms and specifications based on system functional specification and closed loop monitoring of test data.
• Derive appropriate test specifications at various stages of manufacturing to provide margin of safety against product specifications while achieving high yields
• Identify any test gaps and fill them by developing new tests with primary focus on SW development.
• Drive continuous improvement projects in the test and automation space to increase manufacturing yields, improve test coverage, diagnostic capability, productivity and error proofing.
• Statistically analyze test measurements to establish control limits and develop automatic alerts.
• Execute verification/validation activities to qualify changes to test processes or test specifications per company established processes.
• Transfer functional test fixtures to contract manufacturers and support them with change implementations, training, maintenance and debug.
• Thoroughly document all aspects of tests, including its requirements, design, operation, and qualification in compliance with Good Manufacturing Processes (GMP).
Competency Requirements: (Competency is based on: education, training, skills and experience.) In order to adequately perform the responsibilities of this position, the individual must:
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.