Intuitive Surgical Careers
Associate Brand Strategist, Brand Expression
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 190262
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
Intuitive, the innovation leader in minimally invasive care, is the company behind the da Vinci Surgical System. Designed for surgeons and their healthcare networks, our robotic-assisted system is an advanced platform for minimally invasive surgery that has touched the lives of more than five million patients worldwide. The da Vinci System acts as a natural extension of a surgeon’s eyes and hands through a combination of cutting-edge robotics, immersive 3D stereoscopic vision, and intuitive human-interface controls. In less than two decades, Intuitive’s da Vinci System has transformed the way MIS surgery is thought about and practiced throughout the world, overturning long-held assumptions about the limits of surgical intervention.
As Intuitive moves into its 24th year, we are looking for an Associate Brand Strategist to join our Brand Development team. This team is tasked with enhancing the untapped potential of the Intuitive, da Vinci, Ion and future brands through strategic, intentional and systematic brand development.
The Associate Brand Strategist will play a pivotal role for the Design and Brand teams, helping organize and orchestrate internal launches of new tools, assets, and governance around company brand assets. You’ll also contribute to brand voice and work closely with stakeholders throughout the company to ensure alignment of brand expression across deliverables.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Collaborate with Design and Brand team stakeholders, as well as others, including corporate marketing, product/clinical marketing, event marketing, media relations/public affairs, and internal communications to support consistent brand expression.
• Oversee internal launches of Design and Brand deliverables, including ongoing work on brand guidelines content and governance.• Oversee Intuitive Company Store, including ongoing collaboration with the Design team on brand assets, employee communications, vendor relations and budget management.• Contribute to messaging frameworks/hierarchies and core brand messages.• Collaborate with functional counterparts on message maps/campaign work to hone brand messaging, amplify share of voice across key channels.• Share and archive corporate and product messaging/stories with functional counterparts to drive message consistency and a cadence of communication.• Connect messaging to insights from brand/market research, analytics, sales feedback and testing to ensure ongoing relevance.• Collaborate with Brand Development team on campaign rollout plans, processes, and tracking/analytics associated with voice of customer feedback• Consult with and mediate questions regarding applications of brand voice guidelines, use of message platforms.
• Strong project management skills, including planning, timeline tracking, communications cascades, internal channel and audience management.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Creative, strategic thinker with ability to distill complex content and multiple points of view into cohesive, cogent recommendations and guidance.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience developing messaging, campaign concepts, content strategy and project management at a brand agency or in-house.
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Advertising, Business or related experience.
• Experience working with marketing and design teams on concepting, message testing and amplification strategies.
• Ability to work on difficult problems with a dedicated team of high-energy, high-caliber people.
• Ability to manage ambiguity and multi-task in a complex, fast-paced environment.
• Work from the Intuitive Sunnyvale campus.
• Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.