Intuitive Surgical Careers
Technical Training Specialist – da Vinci Surgical System
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 190259
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The da Vinci Education Specialist is responsible for the development of educational content that meets the technical needs of internal and external customers. The da Vinci Education Specialist works with a da Vinci Education Manager to create training materials for internal and external use.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Complete 7-8 week internal training course on product functions and applicationsQualifications
• Complete 1 week internal technical training course
• Complete sign-off on full product technical in-services and applicable basic training protocol(s)
• Conduct surgeon basic training protocols in training lab environment
• Determine and write learning objectives for various learner roles on applicable technical and clinical training materials
• Support Education Managers with the creation and launch of technical and clinical educational content
• Update existing training materials for branding, formatting and content, leveraging the appropriate tool – MS Word, MS PowerPoint, InDesign or Adobe PDF
• Conduct technical in-service and clinical training and sign-offs for international and US customer training, commercial learning, Marketing and Genesis teams
• Deliver technical presentations and training to the sales force as part of new product launches
• Deliver appropriate modality of training for summative human factors studies
• Support photo shoots and video shoots as talent and subject-matter experts
• Effectively communicate across departments on projects with the teams such as: Marketing, Medical Research, IxD, Human Factors, CDE, Commercial Training, PEPS, Field Service Team, Technical Publications, Regulatory, Legal
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
• Bachelor’s degree or above (Business Management, Engineering, or Science degree preferred; education or marketing degree acceptable)
• Minimum of 1 year experience in training and/or project management
• Experience with creating education materials for adult learners
• Capacity and willingness to work both independently and collaboratively on projects with aggressive timelines
• Experienced multi-tasker; ability to manage multiple assignments and successfully meet deadlines
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Proficiency with MS Office applications including: MS Word, Power-Point, Excel
• Proficiency with e-Learning authoring tools
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.