Intuitive Surgical Careers
Inventory Analyst 3
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 190251
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
As Senior Inventory Analyst, you are responsible for devising and executing effective strategies for I&A raw materials to maximize inventory turns, service levels, and customer satisfaction. Your role will be to support Manufacturing, Planning, and Operations while reviewing material accuracies. Communication and collaboration with Compliance, Quality Control, Distribution, Material Operations, Finance, Accounting, and Supply Chain Planning. Provide assistance and guidance to junior analysts. Drive the team to achieve established department goals and maintain proper documentation within areas of responsibility.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Develop and report analytics related to inventory accuracy, root cause analysis, and trends to improve cycle count and distribution performance.Qualifications
• Maintain, report and drive improvements to internal replenishment processes. Also reporting on DOH metrics for WIP locations.
• Manage & improve inventory processes, accuracy, and reduce variances. Develop ways to optimize material control procedures.
• Provide support for service demand by reporting shortages and keeping OTD adherence.
• Maintain, report, and drive STO’s, direct to Mexico northbound replenishment process.
• Participate in Cycle Count, Physical Inventories and reconciliation activities in coordination with junior analysts.
• Responsible for the inventory integrity of all Warehouse and WIP inventories. Manage & improve inventory processes, accuracy, and reduce variance.
• Able to audit compliance on cycle count policy and communicate status/results to Management.
• Develop and maintain KPI’s for the process and inform management when escalation is required.
• Develop and implement process improvements solutions to reduce material discrepancies, improve material replenishment, increase inventory accuracy, and reduce aging inventory and/or reconciliation errors.
• Support for special projects requiring immediate data extraction, manipulation, and reporting.
• Assist internal or external audits, address and advise on departmental CAPA’s
• Interfaces with all departmental supervisors, support functions, engineering, program management, and other pertinent functions within the operations.
• Other duties as assigned by Warehouse Manager.
• Associate Degree or an equivalent of 5 + years of experience working in a warehouse environment associated with a production facility and /or leading project teams
• Demonstrated ability to successfully lead and supervise Inventory Control Operations in a fast-paced environment.
• Inventory control and cycle count experience, utilizing a Warehouse Management System.
• Significant computer experience including MS Office products and ERP systems, Agile and SAP knowledge preferred.
• Ability to research, analyze, and make recommendations for the resolution of job related issues.
• Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions from routine to complex in nature
• Ability to lead a cross functional team while driving moderate to complex projects.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Understanding of Kanban systems, continuous improvement and lean principles preferred.
• Maintain status as a certified forklift operator (training and certification process provided by ISI).
• The ideal candidate will have a love for a fast-paced and multi-focused work environment.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.