Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Electrical Test Engineer , Vision New Product Introduction
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 190247
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
Electrical Test Engineer owns manufacturing test strategy and implementation for new PCA product introductions. Actively participate in product development teams that specify, build and test ISI PCA and electro-mechanical subassemblies. Own electrical design of Vision test and calibration fixtures. Candidate will leverage their technical experience and energy to develop and enhance ISI products improving efficacy, reliability, serviceability, manufacturability and cost.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Develop PCA test plan including ICT and functional test based on risk management requirements and business factors.Qualifications
• Lead and actively participate in projects, both individual and on cross-functional teams, focused on new PCA introduction and early reliability improvements
• Create and maintain PCA product structures from inception through transfer to Production
• Develop, release, and maintain PCA documentation related to design, assembly, and test
• Review circuit diagrams and printed circuit board layouts for manufacturability, test coverage, and higher level assembly capability and coordinate these aspects with PCB and PCA vendors.
• Develop requirements for ICT and functional test equipment.
• Manage external suppliers and internal groups developing test equipment.
• Validate test equipment and deploy in production.
• Establish monitoring program for test equipment.
• Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues related to electrical testing.
• Develop and manage budget for assembly and test equipment.
• Monitor, document, and analyze PCA yield throughout pre-production builds to identify yield improvement opportunities
• Provide training and support to Production Technicians
• Serve as primary interface with PCA vendors, contract manufacturers and internal personnel for PCA component and process quality issues and outsourcing initiatives
• Provide technical support, including failure analysis for discrepant production components and assemblies demonstrating ability to drive to root cause and corrective action
• Provide documentation, procurement, PM/calibration definition and assembly of production fixtures.
• Conduct and document DFT (Design for Test), DFM (Design for Manufacturing), and DFA (Design for Assembly) reviews with Engineering and Suppliers
• Assist Quality and Procurement organizations with auditing and evaluation of potential suppliers for PCA components, Fabs, assemblies, and test services
• Document and support process validation efforts for PCA products
• Bachelor’s or higher degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.• Minimum 5 years of related experience• Experience as a PCA Manufacturing, PCA Test Engineer or PCA Design Engineer• Strong knowledge of electronic components, PCB and PCA construction processes including panelization, material selection, RoHS, press-fit connectors, solderablity, manufacturing line thermal profiles, etc• Strong experience with bare and populated board testing (e.g. ICT with bed-of-nails, JTAG, electronic functional test, etc.).• Hands-on experience troubleshooting electrical test issues.• Experience with multi-layer, impedance controlled, high speed PCA designs in addition to Ridged-flex PCB designs• Strong technical skills in prototyping and troubleshooting from engineering documentation• Skilled in using Agile PDM is highly desirable• Basic understanding of impedance measuring techniques using a TDR instrument• Working knowledge of standard PCA inspection processes such as AOI and XOI (5DX)• Familiar with IPC standards such as IPC 2220 and IPC 610 for PCBs and PCAs.• Understanding of PCA reliability including failure modes, failure analysis methods and accelerated test methods.• Demonstrated ability to represent the company to its partners, suppliers, and vendors• Comfortable interacting with technicians, engineers, and management• ISO9001 or experience in medical device manufacturing environment a plus• Demonstrated ability to successfully work on multiple projects at once• Excellent communication and documentation skills
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.