Intuitive Surgical Careers
Product Verification Technician
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 190213
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The New Product Verification Department is devoted to assuring safe, reliable, and effective products that exceed patient, surgeon, and hospital expectations. The department plays a vital role in product and process quality, in new product development and production, and in the quality of da Vinci Surgical System product lines, including endoscopic instrumentation, and supporting accessories. The Product Verification Technician will work with a team of dedicated individuals within new product development to assure quality of new designs; to identify issues related to new designs and processes, and to work with Test Engineers to develop harmonized test methods.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position has responsibility and authority for:
Protocol Execution & Reporting
• Executes test protocols for clinically-based surgical simulation and automated testing utilizing da Vinci Surgical Systems and other test equipment• Identifies and reports problems that arise during testing, and escalates new or persistent failure modes to appropriate engineering teams• Provides documentation to the cognizant Test Engineer that clearly indicates the results of product testing• Performs instrument and accessory cleaning and reprocessing
• Ensures successful, on-time completion of department projects; communicates constraints to direct management when successful project completion is at risk• Performs a broad variety of tasks in support of product verification and test process design as assigned by department management• Complies with company Department and Standard Operating Procedures• Works with Lab Manager to ensure adequate supply of test articles and other equipment or material
• Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or GED, along with experience working in a hardware production or test environment.
• Language Skills: Ability to read, write and understand English. Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees, supervisors, or engineers.
• Mathematical Skills: Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations. Ability to determine the minimum, maximum and nominal value when provided with a specification and a tolerance.
• Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions. Ability to report quality issues. Ability to suggest simple process improvements. Must be a quick learner with the ability understand complex products and processes.
• Computer skills: Ability to use personal computers as part of daily work. Ability to use on-line documentation.
• Other skills and abilities: Ability to work varying shifts. Ability to work in a team environment. Ability to use basic tools and measuring equipment. Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision. Ability to multitask, and handle tasks with competing priorities effectively. Ability to work with biological samples, including blood, tissue and organs.
• Integrity: Accepting and adhering to high ethical, moral, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions, and when dealing with others
• Relevant experience in a medical device company• Experience with MatLab
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.