Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 190169
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
Develop and improve processes to manufacture advanced surgical instruments used in robotic minimally invasive surgery. New Product Introduction supports the advancement of latest products from the design screen to full scale manufacturing. This position plays a critical role to building the quality into products for the next strides into robotic minimally invasive surgery.
The ideal candidate will be a dynamic individual capable of participating in and leading teams to develop manufacturing processes and delivering high Quality to demanding robotic surgery customers through a demonstrated talent for product transfer of advanced mechanical products.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Development of manufacturing process from initial production to stable, sustained volume.• Participate and/or lead continuous improvement initiatives focused on:• Process capability & Process optimization• Production capacity• COPQ improvements: Key Process Indicators optimization: Scrap, Efficiency, PL, NCR, EE,• Cost optimization• Specify, design, document, and qualify production manufacturing fixtures and equipment.• Works to defining standard work, create work instruction, and construct travelers and bills of material.• Support compliance with medical device quality system requirements
• BSME Required with an advanced degree a plus
• 8+ years of experience in NPI, MFG or R&D with advanced mechanical/electrical products.
• Demonstrated strong analytical problem solving skills
• Experience in application of Lean engineering principles.
• Understanding of Process Capability analysis
• Proficient in Modeling (Solidworks +), Programming (Matlab +), and analytical tools (Minitab +)
• Demonstrated skills in working in teams, communicating, and clear documentation.
• Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
• Past work in Quality System (ISO-13485, ISO-9000, similar) is desired
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.