Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Events Marketing Specialist
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 190157
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.The idea of surgical robotics was little more than a curiosity until 1999, the year Intuitive introduced the da Vinci® Surgical System. Today, Intuitive is the global leader in robotic-assisted minimally invasive surgery. Since 2000, da Vinci Surgical Systems have been used in more than 5 million minimally invasive procedures performed world-wide. We have built a company based on an unwavering commitment to patients who benefit from our revolutionary surgical technology.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
• Provide guidance to vertical marketing teams on best practices for event management and strategy
• Manage all logistics for tradeshows including show services, coordinating marketing materials and collateral, badge registration, etc. for tradeshows 10x30 and below
• Attend and manage all logistics for tradeshows in collaboration with our Exhibit House for all tradeshows 20x20 and above
• Plan auxiliary meetings during tradeshows and events (e.g. pre-show strategy meetings, focus/user group meetings, post grad courses, symposia) as well as attend key regional conferences to support logistics on-site when needed (event set-up, physician registration, AV and F&B coordination on-site).
• Prepare and ship portable displays to regional conferences as requested by the sales force and marketing
• Manage all in-office VIP marketing events for a new technology platform, including agenda creation and scheduling, reserving conference rooms and meals, confirming attendee travel, assisting with medical supply requests, and serving as a day-of coordinator during the events
• Assist in the management of schedule, logistics, packing and shipping of mobile demo capital equipment to various meetings, events and courses
• Responsible for budget oversite and expense tracking for all tradeshows and events
• Venue sourcing and housing block management
• Create travel and registration websites for marketing events
• Manages tradeshow and event lead capturing and reporting
• Organize event planning project meetings with cross-functional stakeholders
• Assist in planning other company meetings, including our annual national sales meetings, users conference, and executive forums when appropriate
• Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in marketing/communications or administration• Minimum 3 years of tradeshow or event management experience• Healthcare industry experience a plus, not a requirement• Proficiency in MS Office, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and One Note• Strong organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities• Ability to manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines and with minimal supervision• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with and manage cross functional teams to reach common project goals• Vendor negotiation experience• Travel required 50% a year. Work flexible hours, including weekends• Ability to perform some manual labor and lift up to 40 lbs.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.