Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Engineering Technician, Electrical
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 190153
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
This position will be responsible for the support of the System NPI Manufacturing Hardware and Test Development Engineering team. It requires technical depth, experience, and independent decision making, and demonstrates competency to perform the duties of a Senior Engineering technician. Position also includes the preventative maintenance, repair, and configuration of engineering systems including fixtures. Additionally, management of the engineering lab as well as the preventative maintenance and calibration of engineering owned test equipment.
Candidates must be highly motivated with a strong sense of shared responsibility and shared reward is required as well as a commitment to high product quality.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Engineering Lab ownership:
• Oversee lab space organization and keep lab stocks maintained.
• Manage calibration of lab test equipment for use on engineering activities.
• Assist with design activities such as; fabrication, assembly, and test check-out.
• Perform engineering level tests and collect data to support design of experiment activities or characterize an assembly.
• Perform reworks on the spot (cable crimping, solder components, tap threads, clean optics, adjust alignments etc.).
• Identify and perform quick triage of issues and recommend best course of action to keep engineering test and development moving.
• Assist with parts order, build, and modification of development fixtures for evaluation.
• Document all activities to keep records.
• Manage time and resources in accordance with project.
• Perform other engineering technician duties as-needed.
• Significant experience with wiring diagrams, schematics, assembly drawings, fab drawings, mechanical drawings.
• Ability to solve complex technical issues with understanding of Electrical circuits and mechanical drawings.
• Working knowledge of computers, word processing and spreadsheet applications for documentation and data presentation.
• Ability to read, modify, and execute test scripts use for debug
• Ability to learn quickly and adapt to variety of technologies that allow effective troubleshooting. Examples: Digital and Analog Electronics components, optical components, servo components, machined parts, sheet metal parts, cable assemblies.
• Good communication skills to be able to partner effectively with production techs, supervisors, training department as well as Manufacturing/Design/Test Engineers.
• Proven ability to work well in team environment
• Experience with JIRA, Agile, and SAP or equivalent tools
• Minimum 8 years’ experience supporting a system engineering group in a product development organization
• AS degree, trade school, military technical training or equivalent.• A minimum of eight years of troubleshooting experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.