Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Electronics Engineer
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 190133
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
Intuitive Surgical, Inc. produces the da Vinci® Surgical System, a minimally invasive robotic surgery system that uses highly complex mechanics, replaceable instruments and accessories, and enhanced three-dimensional visualization to extend surgical technique and precision beyond the limits of the human hand.
The Sr. Electronics Engineer, Electrosurgical Generators will develop new and innovative robotic surgical components for the Intuitive da Vinci Surgical System. He or she must excel in a high-energy team environment and be capable of making sound decisions when faced with the time pressures and incomplete information typical of new product development. The successful candidate must have strong technical depth in relevant areas, and have a track record of successful product development efforts.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Represent Electronics Engineering on cross-functional project teams that design and develop next generation robotic surgical and energy products
o Develop, implement, test and document design solutions according to clinical and market requirementso Create Design History File documentation as required by the company’s quality system and FDA regulationso Provide rapid development and iterative design support for the testing of new technologyo Provide engineering support for resolution of field and manufacturing issueso Develop, test and evaluate prototypes to aid in the determination of future product release content• Provide technical support to other company stakeholders on electronics and robotic surgical technology
• Support the quality and regulatory processes as required
• BSEE required, MSEE preferred
• Minimum 5 years of electronic product design experience and 2 years of medical device development experience
• Experience with schematic capture packages, electronic test equipment such as oscilloscopes and power supplies, analog and digital circuits and embedded systems
• Proven experience in a fast paced, high transaction environment developing complex embedded and FPGA based systems that integrate digital technologies and analog sensors and circuitry
• Comfortable with all phases of the product development lifecycle including design, implementation, debug, verification, qualification, and transfer to Manufacturing
• Hands-on engineer with the proven ability to characterize the behavior of complex electronic systems to troubleshoot problems or improve performance
• Knowledge of VHDL, Verilog, C/C++, Python, Matlab, Java preferred
• Understanding of component selection criteria, and design for reliability and manufacturability
• Experience working with FDA and international requirements for developing medical device products; comfort with concepts of design input, design output, traceability, and risk analysis
• Ability to communicate effectively (written, oral) across all levels and organizations and to effectively communicate complex technical issues to a non-technical audience
• Strong understanding of complex capital equipment
• Ability to travel up to 20% time
• A real excitement to learn and get to the bottom of tough technical problems
• A passion for creating robust and reliable products
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.