Intuitive Surgical Careers
da Vinci Area Sales Manager - Northern England, Scotland, Ireland
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Scotland
Requisition ID: 190118
- Manage the complex sales process of daVinci Surgical Systems into new hospitals and upgrades into existing hospitals
- Build clinical and administrative support through technical presentations, executive meetings, marketing events and system test drives.
- Build support from surgeons and administration for da Vinci® Surgery
- Identify key institutions, generate market awareness, and drive sales of the daVinci™ Surgical System within an assigned sales territory.
- Effectively manage transition of initial sale and installation to the clinical sales team to drive procedural volume and growth.
- Achieve quarterly sales targets.
- Partner with the da Vinci Area Sales Director to develop a sales plan for their local territory
- Build surgical advocacy teams at each hospital.
- Develop initial contact with CEO and senior hospital administrators.
- Organize and manage the sales process.
- Develop expert level knowledge of primary OR procedures.
- Make business case for system purchase.
- Resolve contractual issues and coordinate system installation upon purchase approval.
- Handle all communications and administrative follow-up.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of 5 years’ sales experience preference for experience in healthcare or capital sales
- Knowledge of the operating room environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven successful track record in capital medical equipment sales
- Ability to travel up to 50%, dependent upon account distribution
- Fluent in English and local language as required
Sales management experience a plus
Success in introducing new technologies to the market is a plus