Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Engineer, FPGA Design
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 190105
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
We are seeking a senior FPGA design engineer to join our FPGA Core design team. This Core team focuses on developing and integrating FPGA designs for communications, embedded processing, and motor control.
The individual in this position will play a key role in FPGA design, integration, and in-system verification, and will work closely with Electrical, Verification, and Software engineers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Work with cross-functional teams to define FPGA design requirementsQualifications
• Write detailed FPGA design specifications
• Define FPGA device pinouts and timing constraints
• Design/implement FPGA modules within a shared environment structure
• Write directed simulation test benches. Identify regression tests and integrate with Verification Team
• Take complete FPGA designs through build process - synthesis, place and route, timing closure
• Provide initial board bringup and debug, followed by software integration
• Perform detailed in-system Verification and Validation procedures
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
• Minimum 10 years industry experience designing complex FPGA modules
• Fluent in System-Verilog/Verilog (VHDL a plus)
• Experience with FPGA build tools - Xilinx Vivado/SDK
• Experience with FPGA simulation tools and environments - QuestaSim and UVM preferred
• Experience with lab equipment - power supplies, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers
• Familiarity with various communication protocols, DDRX, AXI4, SPI, I2C, embedded processing, motor control
• Ability to work in small, dynamic, cross-functional teams
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.