Intuitive Surgical Careers
Director Tax Planning
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 190068
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
This role will be the lead role in developing and executing international planning strategies for the Company, to support worldwide business expansion and transaction initiatives. Reports to the Vice President of Tax & Trade in Sunnyvale.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Develop and execute all international planning strategies and initiatives, including both US and non-US tax, and local country tax planning.Qualifications
• Lead the development of quantitative analysis and tax modeling in support of tax strategies,reflecting recent US tax reform.
• Identify tax issues and make recommendations for solutions to management.
• Research and analyze developments in domestic and international tax law.
• Support various international transactions, including business expansion and mergers and acquisitions.
• Coordinate international planning strategies with outside counsel, tax and accounting advisors.
• Support tax operations and controversy where necessary.
• Master’s Degree in Tax and CPA preferred
• 12-15 plus years of tax experience in a large public accounting firm or multi-national corporate tax department
• International tax experience required. Experience with planning related to recent US tax reform is required.
• Experience in financial reporting related to international tax matters
• Experience with transfer pricing and mergers and acquisitions a plus
• Strong tax research and computer skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks and complete projects on a timely basis
• Detail oriented and highly analytical. Capable of drilling down into the details and performing complex quantitative and qualitative analyses.
• Team player and willingness to collaborate
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.