Intuitive Surgical Careers
Manager, Performance Management & Onboarding
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 190055
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
What are we looking for?
This role is critical to our unfolding people strategy. You will create of a set of scalable solutions and experiences that will increase faster time-to-contribution for new employees, while driving organizational effectiveness through sound performance management practices. You will enable our people leaders to create high-performing teams, unleash and develop their people, and deliver outstanding results. Success in this role will come from a combination of simple yet scalable design principles, innovative thinking, collaboration and ability to drive alignment and deliver results.
In this newly created role, the Manager of Performance Management & Onboarding will be responsible for designing and overseeing the implementation of Intuitive’s talent management life cycle. You will be responsible for designing and driving the operationalization of talent practices such as onboarding, employee engagement, organizational talent planning (succession planning and talent reviews), milestone feedback, performance management, coaching vendor management, and the management of self- and multi-rater assessments.
If you exemplify our company values of providing value to our patients and customers and want to be part of a team that is passionate about enabling our employees to do great work and grow in their careers, this is the role for you!
This position has responsibility and authority for:
Qualifications• Creating value for patients and surgeons by participating in the development and leading the implementation of talent practices that enable Intuitive employees to do their best work.• Lead talent management practices and change management processes in close partnership with HR Senior leadership, HR Business Partners, business leaders and Corporate Communications.• Onboarding - drive the global onboarding strategy and scalable solutions to help employees increase their time to contribution. Manage existing onboarding technology to integrate offer accept to 90 day onboarding activities and tasks. Facilitate in person and virtual New Hire Orientation sessions.• Employee Engagement – design/implement employee engagement programs. Develop survey strategy, collaborate on survey delivery and data review, generate insights and drive people leader action-planning/development plans for increased self, team and org effectiveness.• Performance Management - lead the development, design and implementation of performance management practices, including ownership of the performance management system, practice process, documentation, annual cadence, organizational talent planning and talent reviews. • Recommend enhancements to the system, reporting, process, training and resources. Support company-wide talent review and succession planning programs through reporting and analytics, system management, talent profile development, material preparations, follow up activities, etc.• Partner with HRIS team to generate insights from employee lifecycle data/analytics. Use data from our HR and Talent Systems to identify trends and opportunity areas.• Coaching & Assessment – manage external coaching vendors, while partnering with HRBPs to deploy executive coaches, scalable coaching solutions and self- and multi-rater assessments.• Project manage global initiatives be defining project objectives, managing key stakeholders, timelines and major milestones and tasks.• Lead research efforts to benchmark with external and internal stakeholders to understand talent management trends and best practices.
• EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s in education, industrial/organizational psychology or a related discipline is required, Master's preferred. Requires 8-10 years of experience in talent management, OD, OE roles.
• LEARNING / HUMAN PERFORMANCE KNOWLEDGE: Ability to apply working knowledge of adult learning theory and instructional design methodology to talent solutions. Expertise in adapting instructional content to meet functional and organization needs. Apply broad expertise or unique knowledge to solve organizational problems; uses skills to contribute to development of strategies, practices, and programs to achieve goals in creative and effective ways.
• RESEARCH & ANALYSIS: Demonstrated ability to implore internal consulting tools and practices to conduct needs assessments, determine root cause, and develop organization development solutions to meet the needs of the business. Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles. Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
• INDEPENDENCE: Self-starter who can navigate ambiguity with optimism and iteration to rapidly prototype. Able to work independently and manage commitments, all while checking in and asking for feedback.
• PERSUASIVE COMMUNICATION: Superior presentation skills and experience facilitating training for all levels of employees
• INFLUENCE & ALIGNMENT: A highly collaborative professional who can drive partnership, alignment, and communication across functional lines and at all levels. Ability to build external and internal relationships. Internal and external contacts often pertain to company plans and objectives and matters often involving coordination among groups.
• PROJECT MANAGEMENT: Ability to manage large-scale learning, talent management, and organization development projects and deliver high quality results.
• ACCOUNTABILITY & EXECUTION: Follow assignments through to completion with a bias towards operationalizing concepts, implementation and measurement of activities. This role is hands-on and will involve individual contributions of work to complete the overarching goals.
What’s in it for you?
We have a worthy mission Intuitive and one that means becoming part of an organization that strives to make surgery more effective, less invasive and easier on surgeons, patients and their families.
Human Resources is the people business of Intuitive. We attract, manage, and engage our talent through high impact programs and global processes to support every employee in understanding how they contribute to our business, how they can develop professionally, and how they can maximize their personal potential.
On top of all that, you are joining our Global Talent Management team – a small group of passionate, creative and experienced talent and learning professionals that enjoy thinking up new ways to help our employees while finding the best ways to get work done. We collaborate cross-functionality with a wide range of Intuitive departments, while leveraging our external networks to create solid and long-lasting talent practices and development programs that align to and support our company’s mission and strategic priorities. In GTM, we adhere to a key set of design principles which guide our work: Provide purpose, Encourage behavior change, Leverage industry best practice, Keep users central in design, Enable remote participants, Address the global audience, and Encourage collaboration. Global Talent Management is about all of us growing – not just those employees we support! The ideal candidate will grow in their role over time by streamlining their basic responsibilities and understanding more about our programs and tools, thus allowing greater room for new projects and focuses over time.
We enable Intuitive employees to do their best work through global talent practices, development programs, communities, and tools.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.