Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Manager Corporate Accounting
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 190047
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
The Sr. Manager, Corporate Accounting is a highly visible position that plays a critical role in achieving our overall objective of delivering best-in-class financial reporting and building a best-in-class finance department. The Sr. Manager, Corporate Accounting drives our close process with our domestic and international teams and is responsible for developing long-terms plans for how to take our accounting operations to the next level.
The Company’s operations has grown significantly over the past several years, and with it, the level of complexity our accounting organization is facing. This role offers a great opportunity to work closely with a wide range of the Company’s domestic and international accounting, FP&A, and tax groups to implement the infrastructure needed to effectively and efficiently scale the Company’s systems and financial reporting processes.
This role will further allow you to work with a small, agile, and high performing accounting and finance department to develop a broad and deep understanding of the Company’s business and operations that are essential for strong career development and personal growth.
We are looking for leaders that can take on additional responsibility as they progress in their career and we are committed to providing an environment that foster career growth and development. We look to hire quality individuals with integrity, high capacity for growth, personal accountability, teamwork, and drive. If you exemplify our values and want to be part of our interesting journey in the world of robotic-assisted surgery, this is the role for you.
Primary Function of Position:
This position will be responsible for establishing and overseeing the execution of the worldwide month-end close processes and controls. The Sr. Manager, Corporate Accounting is responsible for establishing the process and controls necessary to ensure the highest quality of financial reporting, along with ensuring our domestic and international teams are adhering to Company policy and U.S. GAAP.
The Corporate Accounting Team is the primary owner of our accounting policies, general ledger, generation of our financial statements, implementation and execution of our intercompany transactions, consolidations, and eliminations. The Corporate Accounting Team further serves as advisors to the finance department at large to ensure that we have efficient and effective processes in place to record, compile, and report all transactions affecting our general ledger, including accruals and other manual inputs made by our various domestic and international finance teams.
Given the demands on the Corporate Accounting Team, the Sr. Manager, Corporate Accounting will need to have strong communication and project management skills, along with having the leadership skills necessary to build strong teams.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Establish and execute the monthly and quarterly accounting close processes.Qualifications
• Establish the processes and controls needed to ensure highest level of financial reporting.
• Drive coordination with our domestic and international accounting and finance teams to ensure compliance with Company Policy and U.S. GAAP. Responsible for ensuring that all processes, systems, and transactions impacting our general ledger are configured appropriately to ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP and consistent application of Company Policy.
• Responsible for establishing the processes and systems needed to ensure effective and efficient worldwide elimination and consolidations.
• Implement and execute the appropriate analytical procedures on the consolidated income statement and balance sheet to ensure all unusual and significant trends and transactions are identified.
• Responsible for developing a quarterly legal entity and tax rate forecast based on input from FP&A and Tax.
• Responsible for ensuring that intercompany transactions have been appropriately implemented and executed per the existing intercompany agreements.
• Review and analyze intercompany transactions to ensure US GAAP compliance and adherence to the Company’s intercompany agreements.
• Review and provide accounting oversight to month-end close journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations.
• Oversee the worldwide inter-company eliminations and the consolidations process. Provide review and oversight for related journal entries and inter-company reconciliations.
• Develop/maintain corporate accounting policies.
• Develop, mentor, and grow the team to ensure each member achieves his or her personal and career development goals.
• Responsible for the development and maintenance of the Corporate Accounting Department’s long-term plan.
• Provide support on system implementation projects.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
• CPA is requirement.
• Public Accounting experience is preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to build and develop strong teams, along with establishing the right culture.
• Demonstrated strengths in leadership, analytical skills, project management, teambuilding, process management and driving change across the organization.
• Highly developed interpersonal style with emphasis on influencing and building strong long-term relationships particularly across various geographies and cross-functionally
• Excellent communication skills.
• Experience with SAP ERP is preferred.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.