Intuitive Surgical Careers
Sterile Reprocessing Specialist - Los Angeles
Primary Location: United States-California-Los Angeles
Requisition ID: 190029
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
A Sterile Reprocessing Specialist assures the instructions for cleaning, sterilizing and handling of Intuitive Surgical devices are implemented at customer sites through training, scheduled visits and complaint resolution. This requires expertise in the regulations of the country or region specific to the location of the job posting. Knowing the reprocessing customs and emerging trends at hospitals’ central processing facilities; and understanding how Intuitive Surgical products fit in to hospitals’ infection control programs are imperative. This person informs design and validation teams of customer needs as they evolve to insure products and instructions are in alignment.
• Manage a territory of assigned hospitals to ensure the effective application of reprocessing and infection control process specific to Intuitive Surgical instruments and accessories:
o Act as the regional expert for all current reprocessing standards and best practices, as they relate to Intuitive Surgical productso Provide post system installation training to the hospitals Central Processing and OR staff on ISI recommended cleaning, sterilization and handling processeso Schedule site visits to audit each customers cleaning, sterilization, and handling processes to ensure they are following best practices as outlined in ISI documentationo Monitor returned material and failure data for the assigned territory and work with accounts to implement correct actionso Capture all activities in the Customer Relationship Management database
• Quickly respond to all customer complaints, communications or concerns regarding cleaning, sterilization and handling of Intuitive Surgical reusable and single use instruments, scopes, and accessories:
o Demonstrate a firm grasp on reprocessing instructions and validation data by providing customers with timely solutionso Understand all permutations of customer process flow for reprocessing of ISI products and provide practical solutions that align with documented instructionso Perform detailed evaluation of each customer complaint and provide solutions with a personal toucho Direct customers to or provide information, instructions or documentationo Maintain timely communication to internal/external customers and team memberso Understand phone support schedule, procedures, and weekly tasks
• Reflect knowledge obtained at customer sites through appropriate escalation channels
o Work with management to influence product design and development, and validation of reprocessing of ISI productso Provide input to the resolution of sterility related non-conformances and product dispositionso Drive changes and improvements to customer facing and internal documentation or instructions
• Maintain basic knowledge of regulations, standards, and guidance in the area of reprocessing of reusable medical devices
o Maintain knowledge of FDA (Food and Drug Administration), AMII (Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation) and ISO (International Organization of Standardization) sterilization and device reprocessing guidelineso Remain current on all professional certifications and vendor credentials
Qualifications• Conduct training sessions at ISI, training centers and hospitals• Understand and comply with all department and company policies• Provide management with a quarterly territory review and assessment• Complete all administrative tasks in the required time frame• Ability to Travel ~70% within the travel and expense policy• Ad hoc tasks assigned by management• Reside within 30miles off assigned territory home base location• Willing to work a compressed work week: 4-10hr days (Monday-Thursday)
Competency is based on: education, training, skills and experience. In order to adequately perform the responsibilities of this position the individual must have:
• Biomedical training, Life Science, or technical equivalent preferred• Minimum 1 year experience in related field• National Certification such as RN, CST, CSFA, CSPDT, CRCST or CCSVP preferred• Experience or working knowledge of the use and/or reprocessing of complex medical devices, and excellent mechanical aptitude and problem solving skills• Detail oriented with excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, including excellent verbal/written communication skills and the ability to effectively interface with all departments• Ability to lead through influence, negotiates effectively, and manages customer expectations• Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a team• Ability to understand and adhere to the company handbook and employee expectations• Highly ethical, highly energetic character, with a desire to help customers• Field experience and adaptable to weekly travel• Experience and knowledge of operating room protocol and central processing techniques and equipment
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.