Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Security Engineer
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 183624
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
The Engineering Product Security Team is responsible for the secure-by-design aspects of hardware and software products, infrastructure and cloud services that collect and analyze medical device machine data from thousands of systems deployed world-wide.
The ideal candidate for the position of Sr. Security Analyst will have proven experience working in vulnerability management, incident response and product line security management.
This position requires a candidate with strong technical and interpersonal skills, the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with the business and peer Engineering teams to deliver high quality solutions that ensure patient safety.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Pre-market & post-market Vulnerability Management of multiple product lines
• Efficiently handle and resolve Incident Response escalations
• Perform cyber risk / cyber threat analysis for multiple product lines, document results and drive lessons learned
• Perform Information System security controls assessments and audits
• Prepare technical analysis, create and update documentation
• Participate in design of policies to improve the robustness and defense-in-depth for product lines
• Other duties as assigned
Competency Requirements: In order to adequately perform the responsibilities of this position the individual must possess:
• Five or more years’ experience, with medical device, ICS/SCADA or embedded system experience highly desirable
• BS/BA required; MS highly desirable along with demonstration of sophisticated and logical thought processes.
• Extensive experience in Digital Forensics, Vulnerability Management or Incident Response
• Expert level knowledge of TCP/IP, SSL/TLS, HTTP, switching and routing, Windows & Linux OS, Relational SQL databases
• Extensive experience with Splunk, Syslog, Nessus, nMap, firewalls, SIEM
• CAP, CISA, CISSP, GCIA, GIAC, GISF, GSEC, SSCP or equivalent certification preferred.
• Strong analytic skills as proven by a track record of analyzing and fixing complex problems in products and processes.
• Excellent judgment in the presence of competing priorities and incomplete data; proven ability to make difficult trade-offs with good judgment.
• Ability to present and whiteboard technical architectures and workflows
• A passion for finishing the vital thing efficiently and well, and attention to the right details.
• A strong desire to make work fun.
• Travel: <10~20%
• Job location: Sunnyvale, CA, Santa Barbara, CA, Norcross, CA, or Raleigh, NC.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.