Intuitive Surgical Careers
Project Manager -Labeling
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 183621
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
As part of the Manufacturing Product Labeling team, the person in this position will work closely with the Engineering, the labeling team and our business partners to manage labeling introductions into production. In this fast paced and dynamic role the person position will require hands on support for manufacturing processes. This person will also be tasked with developing & maintaining the business processes for labeling verification activities. The successful candidate must excel in a high-energy, small focused team environment, be able to drive to solutions from rough requirements, and have a commitment to high product quality. This position requires a quick learner, the ability to work independently, and demonstrated ability to work in a cross functional environment. A strong sense of shared responsibility and shared reward is required, as is the ability to make work fun and interesting. The project manager in this role may also lead projects outside of product labeling on as required basis.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position has responsibility and authority for:
- Leads product labeling project teams in the execution of product labeling projects through to completion of manufacturing deployment
- Responsible for management of scope, timeline, resources to meet project objectives
- Manages the project plan by identifying critical path, constraints, contingencies and mitigations to achieve project objectives.
- Escalates threats to project plan as required to functional management and senior leadership
- Works across the organization to align functional support and input for the project
- Organizes and leads related meetings
- Contributes to label development process optimization via lessons learned, resource leveling, process input and sharing and developing best practices
Competency Requirements: (Competency is based on: education, training, skills and experience.)
In order to adequately perform the responsibilities of this position the individual must have:
- Four year degree (Bachelor’s degree or global equivalent) in engineering preferred; business, finance or related field will be considered in conjunction with experience
- Minimum 4 years of experience as a project manager and/or other leadership position.
- Strong project management, planning, decision making, negotiating and change management skills
- Experience in working in a technical role is a plus
- Experience supporting manufacturing or similar environment is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize data, set actionable goals and drive metrics Experience with schedule, budget, cost and risk management tracking tools
- Proven ability to lead, influence and work well at all levels of an organization and in a cross functional team environment
- Seeks, recognizes, and executes creative and simple solutions to resolve complex project challenges; routinely steadies the team when stressed; leads by example
- Strong relationship building, customer focus and facilitation skills
Able to clearly articulate complex issues in simple terms and concise manner
- Excellent communication (written, verbal), presentation and documentation skills
- Experience working in a medical device company or other regulated business, Experience in common business programs including MS Office, Visio, etc.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws