Intuitive Surgical Careers
Creative Design Director
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 183619
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
As Creative Design Director you’ll be responsible for both elevating and driving consistency across our various customer experiences, from user interfaces to print collateral and branded content. You’ll be overseeing a cross-disciplinary team of Design Managers responsible for these key verticals and will work directly with them to ensure the highest standards of design are met while aligning with our design guidelines and brand strategy.
ROLES / RESPONSIBILITIES
· Ability to motivate and inspire design teams to do their best work
· Ensure all customer experiences map to our design guidelines and brand strategy
· Conviction, authority and clarity of thought when promoting designs and concepts to internal process partners
· Identify opportunities and embolden teams to meet the goals set as a result
· Extensive experience managing print, brand, and digital product design teams
· Experience leading brand projects from initial brief to final visual identities and design systems.
· Experience defining clear design and brand guidelines
· Experience working with marketing teams to craft campaign concepts that adhere to a clearly defined strategy
· Experience creating storyboards and concepts for videos and Art Directing both video and photography shoots
· Clear understanding of the technical processes associated with designing for web and native applications a plus
· Experience working with Industrial Design, and Human Factors teams a plus
SKILLS / JOB REQUIREMENTS
· At least 7 years’ experience growing and building a mid-size design team
· Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design and related work experience
· At least 15 years’ experience designing at a startup, agency or in-house.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.