Intuitive Surgical Careers
Material Handler 2
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 183617
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The Material Handler 2 is an intermediate position responsible for material-handling duties in support of Production operations, both Sustaining and NPI, and other internal customers.
To be eligible, a Material Handler must be capable of completing the Roles and Responsibilities.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
This position will fulfill the following roles:
• Receiving: Receiving materials, physically and systemically, to be used in production operations and engineering projects.
• Parts Put-away: Physically and systemically moving approved Production materials from IQC staging areas into SMKT storage locations. (Totes and Bulk)
• Supermarket (SMKT)
o Parts Replenishment: Point-of-use parts replenishment for designated production lines.
o MT: Fulfilling and transacting MT requests, received either electronically or via hard copy.
o Sales Order Fulfillment: Fulfilling and transacting Sales Orders and Service Transfer Orders.
• SPP Kitting: Production parts replenishment via SPP kitting.
• Pack Out: Packing System carts, FRUs and kits.
Material Handler II will be responsible for the following:
• Responsible for complying with general Good Warehouse Practices (GWP) and Warehouse housekeeping processes.
• Communicating verbally and via email the status of material movements and transactions to appropriate internal customers.
• Actively participate in the Continuous Improvement program, including the creation and implementation of small scale improvements.
• Able to locate and count parts accurately (using cycle-count documents), execute required WMS data input and accurately complete required documentation.
• Able to effectively apply knowledge of material flow and basic warehousing principles to Material Handling assignments (FIFO, consolidation, lean principles).
Competency Requirements: (competency is based on: education, training, skills and experience.)
• Possess high school degree or GED.
• Minimum 2-years of experience in Material Handling operations preferred.
• Experience and/or certification in operating material-handling equipment preferred.
• Ability to lift material up to 50 lbs.
• Extensive walking and repetitive physical motion (squatting, bending, lifting, climbing ladders) is required.
• Ability to adhere to attendance, safety, quality, and performance guidelines.
• Ability to effectively communicate with peers and internal customers, both verbally and written.
• Inventory control experience (cycle counting, physical inventories) preferred.
• Experience with computer systems (MS Office, SAP, Agile, WMS) preferred.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.