Intuitive Surgical Careers
People Analytics Data Engineering Intern
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 183597
Joining Intuitive Surgical, Inc. means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Must be concurrently enrolled and returning to an academic program in the fall in an accredited degree-seeking program.
Primary Function of Position:
Leveraging data from different sources that holds people data. The People Analytics intern is responsible for automating some of the manual processes that leverage this data and thereby reducing errors, saving time and ultimately leading to business cost savings.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Extract and transform data from existing data stores and create data assets for ad-hoc analyses, larger studies, and ongoing metrics.
• Design, build and launch efficient & reliable data pipelines to move and transform data
• Assist partners in the integration of analytic models and algorithms into existing business processes.
• Employ optimization algorithms to improve the efficiency of our operational strategies.
• Work with partners within and/or outside HR to translate business needs into a quantitative framework, identify available data, communicate findings and results, and develop implementation strategies.
• Consult and mentor on statistical work for actuaries and analysts within the area.
• Understand theory and application of current and emerging statistical methods and tools.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
• Strong knowledge pf Python in creating automation scripts and back end programming
• Relation database experience preferably on SQL server
• Learning to Influence: understanding how to apply different strategies to convince others to change their opinions or plans
• Business Results: understand business needs, and how to get results that have a clear, positive, and direct impact on business performance
Commitment: Must be available to work full-time hours, M-F for 10-12 weeks beginning Summer of 2019.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.