Intuitive Surgical Careers
Clinical Affairs Intern
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 183595
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical, Inc. means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Must be concurrently enrolled in a bioengineering, epidemiology or life-sciences degree-seeking program (graduate level) with an accredited university or enrolled in an upcoming program in the fall.
Primary Function of Position:
We are seeking a summer intern to support the clinical affairs team focused on clinical affairs, including clinical research and operations. This position reports to a manager of Clinical Affairs with oversight from a Senior Director. The purpose of this job function is to work with Clinical Project Managers on the development and implementation of clinical study design and strategy with an emphasis on understanding patient reported outcomes. This role may also drive their own project, contributing their own analysis on big data sets for surgical procedures across multiple modalities. The job function may also be responsible for interpreting data and results collected through a clinical study and reviewing literature to identify the clinical relevance of the data.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Participate in the interpretation of data from current clinical studies and/or performing statistical analysis on big data sets for potential poster or publication efforts
• Participate in clinical trial scoping, including literature searches and appraisal clinical literature to support clinical study scoping and
• Assist in the development of clinical study documents, including clinical trial protocols and electronic data capture (EDC) case report forms
• Work to develop presentations for internal/external stakeholders for Clinical Affairs activities
• Assist in the creation of clinical evaluation reports, which may include composing clinical narratives, analyzing and summarizing Medical Device Vigilance Reports (MDVR) and exposure to technical related documents
• Working towards a master’s degree in bio-medical engineering, epidemiology, biostatistics or a life sciences field
• Great work ethic and an enthusiasm for problem solving and data analysis.
• Self-starter and able to work in a collaborative and results oriented environment
• Good organizational and computer skills. Ability to pick up new software tools easily
• Experience with clinical literature a plus
• Experience in or exposure to conducting clinical studies or research preferred
• Background/experience in statistics or performing statistical analysis a plus
• Understand and implement statistical management concepts using big data sets, and gain experience on developing the clinical relevance behind the results
• Gain experience with clinical research and clinical operations - Specifically working on clinical studies/trials in regulated environments.
• Understand clinical strategy development through interaction with Clinical Affairs project managers
• Understand clinical trial scoping and developing clinical trial documents, fostering medical writing skills
• Exposure to the abstract, poster presentation or manuscript development process for key surgical conferences and/or journals
• Gain experience though the development of material for key internal and external stakeholders
Commitment: Must be available to work full-time hours, M-F for 10-12 weeks beginning Summer of 2018.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.