Intuitive Surgical Careers
Product Marketing Manager
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 183593
Intuitive Surgical: What Matters
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The Product Marketing Manager is part of a team responsible for launching a new endoluminal robotic system in the bronchoscopy space. This role is responsible for developing clinical marketing programs and tools that drive adoption and utilization of the technology. This individual will establish strong relationships with external Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and medical societies, as well as internal Intuitive stakeholders such as Product Management, Sales, Training, Legal, Regulatory, Clinical Affairs and Market Access/Health Economics.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Work closely with Product Management, Sales, Medical Affairs, R&D, and other functions to develop sales and customer support collateral to facilitate the customer buying process and drive utilization.
• Disseminate relevant clinical data and generate messages and marketing materials based on clinical evidence and insights.
• Develop clinical product positioning and messaging that communicates the differentiated capability of this new technology in a highly-competitive marketplace.
• Develop physician and hospital segmentations and target customer profiles to guide sales and marketing communication efforts.
• Develop and maintain a deep understanding of lung cancer diagnosis and treatment modalities, trends, and competitive dynamics to inform marketing and sales strategies.
• Plan and execute marketing presence and activities at relevant tradeshows, courses and symposia.
• Engage and develop relationships with Key Opinion Leaders through site-visits, attendance at courses/conferences and onsite summits, roundtable, and lab events.
• Work with physician champions to develop educational programs, symposia and webinars to promote effective product adoption.
• Develop and maintain tools for tracking capital and procedural adoption and customer usage patterns relative to forecasts.
• Conduct physician site visits to understand product usage patterns and customer feedback. Partner with Product Management to distill feedback into actionable direction for R&D team.
• Partner with Sales Training to train sales force on technology value proposition and messaging, disease state, clinical applications, physician targeting, competitive technologies, and objection handling.
• Partner with Customer Training to develop training programs to drive safe, effective and durable product adoption
• Develop relationships with key medical societies to partner on physician and fellow training and education
• Present business results to internal company leadership and sales management.
Core Competencies, Skills and Experience Requirements:
• At least 6 years of healthcare industry experience with a minimum of 4 years of therapeutic medical device marketing or product management experience. Experience in bronchoscopy, interventional pulmonology and lung cancer diagnostic and therapeutic space strongly preferred.
• History of developing downstream tactical plans to achieve product adoption goals.
• Demonstrated success partnering closely with sales and training teams to drive customer acquisition and product adoption.
• Experience building and owning physician KOL relationships.
• Strong hands-on data manipulation and analysis skills. Demonstrated ability to use data to develop marketing insights and drive decision making.
• Strong communication and presentation skills, including experience presenting to senior management and customers.
• Self-starter with ability to take leadership in unstructured environment.
• Excellent teamwork skills with proven ability to collaborate across multiple disciplines and ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
• Must be well versed in MS Office Suite.
• Ability to travel 35%. Some international travel may be required.
• Bachelor’s degree required, preferable in a life science or business discipline.
• MBA preferred.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.