Intuitive Surgical Careers
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 183586
Intuitive Surgical: What Matters
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
The Automation, Equipment and Test (AET) Team is responsible for making the robots that make the robots. We develop, document, and maintain the equipment, fixtures, and tooling that ultimately enable the manufacturing process for surgical instruments and accessories.
Working in a regulated environment, it is critical to document all requirements, specifications, protocols, and reports used to verify proper operation of equipment and test fixtures, putting the patient first and ensuring that every instrument and accessory we produce meets our quality standards.
We are looking for a candidate who is comfortable working with technical concepts, and capable of articulating technical requirements clearly and concisely. You would support a multi-disciplinary engineering team to document medical device manufacturing equipment and software. You would review and update documents that are part of a Design History File, including manufacturing requirements, fixture specifications and drawings, validation and qualification protocols and reports, as well as executing protocols and generating reports.
Traits to enable success:
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Passionate about technologies and eager to learn, engage, and ask questions
• Able to synthesize information from engineers into clear, readable documentation
• Motivated to continually improve best practices
• Adaptable to dynamic project requirements
• Enjoy the thrill of untangling and explaining nuanced technical requirements
• Detail-oriented team player
Skills / Experience:
The following will help an interested candidate become productive quickly; however, emphasis will be placed on ability and willingness to understand, communicate, and articulate technical concepts and details.
• Minimum 4-year degree in Technical Writing, or an engineering discipline
• Strong communication / writing skills
• Minimum 5 years’ writing experience in a medical or regulated industry
• Tech-savvy, familiar with technical concepts, and willing to extend their knowledgebase as needed
• Experienced with the following development tools:
o MS Office, Visio, Project
o Agile (or similar Change Control System)
o Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools (MKS Integrity, Polarion, or similar)
o Drafting and mechanical lab skill a plus (Solidworks or equivalent)
o JIRA (bug tracking)
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.