Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Manufacturing Software Engineer
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 183562
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
The Automation, Equipment and Test (AET) Team is responsible for making the robots that make the robots. We develop and maintain equipment, fixtures, and tooling that optimize and streamline the manufacturing process of instruments and accessories.
Primary Function of Position:
The engineer in this position will play a key role on the Manufacturing Software Engineering team to enable the manufacture of new surgical robotic instruments and accessories. This engineer will develop the software and algorithms that assure each instrument’s kinematic performance and safety. The position will require close collaboration with product development teams, systems analysts, electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, manufacturing engineers, and quality engineers to build a coherent diagnostic strategy and develop software to implement the same.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This role requires but is not limited to:
• Architect, design and develop software systems that control machines to streamline manufacturing process
• Builds and maintain software infrastructures that enable value extraction from the data generated
• Understand each new product’s operation and control, and develop the means to ensure their integrity in volume production
• Design, document, and qualify software for use in manufacturing new instruments and accessories
• Follow good software development practices
• Work independently to overcome roadblocks with minimum guidance
• Take ownership of manufacturing software and work with cross-functional teams to drive projects to completion
• Support existing production software
• Passionate about technologies and love programming
• Able to map, develop, and test projects from inception to launch
• Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
• A track record for planning, executing and delivering on projects
• Motivated to continually improve best practices
• Adaptable to dynamic requirements
• Enjoy the thrill of tackling large complex problems
• Good communication and can drive to resolution within constraints
• Excellent ability to communicate complex concepts to engineers in different functional areas
• Strong programming skill and experience (C#/python is a plus)
• Solid understand of OOA/OOD/OOP/Design Patterns
• Detail oriented team player
• Resourceful problem-solving machine
• Foster strong sense of team with peers through solicitation of feedback and constructive contribution to review sessions
• Demonstrated technical leadership
• Familiarity with web technologies like Restful API, Web services, HTML, CSS, Angular JS is a plus
• Familiarity with databases (SQL, No-SQL, etc …)
• Experience developing robotic or electro-mechanical systems, including control systems
• Strong analytical, time management, interpersonal, listening and communication skills
• Experience in medical device manufacturing or regulated engineering environment
• Strong industry experience in architecture and development of scalable production quality systems
• Fully understand Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Familiarity with Statistical Analysis, Six Sigma, and/or Statistical Process Control are pluses
• Bachelor’s or Master’s in Engineering (Software Engineering or Computer Science preferred)
• Minimum 8 years of software development experience (higher degree can offset years of experience)
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.