Intuitive Surgical Careers
Commercial Learning Manager, Global Distribution
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 183541
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position: The Commercial Learning Manager, Global Distribution reports to the Sr. Manager Commercial Learning, Global Distribution and is responsible for providing Sales Training to our Global Distribution Markets. This individual will collaborate closely with each of the Commercial Distribution Manager(s), to create a sales training strategy to improve the knowledge and skill of the Distributor Partners.
• Partner with the Global Commercial Distribution Team to support the sales strategy by aligning all training programs and initiatives to the priorities
• Assess distributor sales team’s strengths and gaps pertaining to knowledge and skills; Develop programs to address competency gaps
• Collaborate with internal partners such as Direct Commercial Learning, Salesforce Effectiveness, ISI Business School, HR, Talent Development, Clinical Product Education and other cross functional partners to standardize business processes
• Collaborate with Learning & Technology Specialist to execute e-learning initiatives and maintain current training records
• Support Director, Global Commercial Learning and Sr. Manager Commercial Learning, Global Distribution in any additional trainings needed for the Indirect Sales Teams
• Create curricula, agendas and training materials for all technical, clinical and sales training programs
• Manage regional and corporate new hire training programs – Distributor Clinical and System Training (DCAST)
• Effectively present and deliver ISI Clinical Sales Process and Capital Sales Process presentations and workshops to new hire trainees during DCAST programs and ongoing competency programs
• Leverage various formats and venues for training programs, such as instructor-led, self-led, distance learning/remote, video and podcast, etc. to maximize the impact of the content
• Collaborate closely with Global Marketing to ensure training aligns with messaging, value propositions and market opportunities
• Conduct routine field rides with field sales to diagnose common training needs as well as provide coaching, feedback and mentorship
• Support da Vinci procedures in a hospital operating room
• Maintain “expert” level certification of da Vinci surgical procedure lectures
• Effectively present and deliver da Vinci surgical procedure lectures to new hire trainees during DCAST programs and ongoing competency programs
• Maintain “expert” level certification of da Vinci Surgical Systems and advanced instrumentation in-service training and lectures
• Effectively present and deliver da Vinci Technical Lectures to new hire trainees during DCAST programs and ongoing competency programs
• Certify distributor sales and marketing personnel on da Vinci Surgical Systems and advanced instrumentation in-service training
• Educate distributor sales and marketing Personnel on Best Practices for da Vinci Surgical Systems pre, intra and postoperative management
• Forecast annual program needs to meet organizational growth
• Measure sales effectiveness of training programs and develop reports and comprehensive programs analysis
• Use reports to understand distributor’s business trends, and develop training to address distributors gaps
• B.S./B.A. Degree required, preferably in Business Administration, Communications, Healthcare Management
• 5+ years of Sales or Sales Management experience, preferably in medical device field
• 2+ years of Corporate Training or Training Management experience, preferred
• Experience with the da Vinci Surgical Systems preferred
• Knowledge of the operating theater preferred
• Proven ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Highly organized and able to operate independently
• Ability to travel 50%+
• Ability to work weekends as needed
• English speaking required, fluency in Spanish and other languages preferred
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.