Intuitive Surgical Careers
Jr 3D Animator
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 183528
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The Junior 3D Animator will collaborate with the Clinical and Product Education team to provide 3D assets and animations primarily of mechanical objects to be used in multimedia, web, video, presentations, interactive modules and print. Development will focus on the clinical/technical aspects of our da Vinci® Surgical System and its components and will be developed using Maya, VRay, AfterEffects and the Adobe Publishing Suite.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Work closely with 3D Animator modeling and animating in Maya as well as rendering in VRay.
• Work with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to define training content
• Take existing models, rig and animate them for Product training. Some modeling will be required
• Model and animate clinical anatomy and procedure animations
• Partner with 3D Animator, Multimedia Designer, instructional designers, education managers, and video producers, to map assets to overall script and storyboard.
• Project manage all phases of a development project – analysis, design, development, implementation & evaluation
Skill / Job Requirements:
• 2-4 yrs. relevant professional experience
• Education Background
• Curriculum Development or Instructional Design/Technology degree preferred
• Education degree acceptable
• College degree preferred
• Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to self-manage multiple development projects and deadlines
• Software Proficiency Required:
o Adobe Publishing Suite
o MS Office (Word, Power-Point, Excel)
• Software Proficiency Preferred:
o Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects)
o Unity engine familiarity/knowledge a plus
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.