Intuitive Surgical Careers
Instructional Video Editor/Producer
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 183527
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The Clinical Video Producer’s responsibilities are Production and Post-Production of ISI’s clinical video content. The role of the job may include a final step of interactive video creation as well.
This role works with the existing Video team but will be working in a unique role traveling to hospitals, capturing video in their operating rooms, editing while mobile and back at Sunnyvale headquarters, adding interactivity i.e. chapters, and uploading to our online distribution system. Some collaboration with a small team of Interactive Designers may become necessary for the interactive portion.
The role also requires travel/production at various hospital Operating Rooms throughout the country where internal and external surgical captures take place. About 30-60% of the job entails travel depending on season and surgeon availability.
The role is 35% production, 35% editing, 20% interactive video/motion graphics, 10% archiving
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Manage and prioritize multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines
• Define a project's schedule and ensure project members are adhering to this to ensure a quality and timely delivery.
• Perform onsite clinical video captures in clinical settings
• Partner with Clinical Development Engineers, Instructional Designers and surgeons to plan clinical recordings
• Post produce clinical recordings to align to both clinical and instructional objectives
• Design and execute motion graphics and interactive overlays
• Encode final video to prepare for publishing in video portal and/or learning management system.
• Remain current with industry best practices for producing, capturing, editing, delivering, storing and displaying video assets
• Explore new technologies to improve quality and increase learner engagement
• Evaluate existing processes and recommend process improvements
• Collaborate with existing Video team for post production issues
• 3+ years’ experience in video production and editing.
• Ability and willingness to travel 30-60% of the time
• Working knowledge of dual channel 3D recording hardware and editing processes.
• Working knowledge of Adobe Production software.
• Working knowledge a plus in the following: touch-screen and interactive display technologies, video, 2D/3D animation and interactive software development.
• Medical, healthcare, medical devices and/or pharmaceuticals background, a plus.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
• Good under pressure and tight deadlines.
• Ability to self-manage multiple development projects and deadlines
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to multi-task and self-adjust priorities in a continuously changing production environment
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.