Intuitive Surgical Careers
Product Analyst - Data Products
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-US-GA-Norcross
Requisition ID: 183505
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
The idea of surgical robotics was little more than a curiosity until 1999, the year Intuitive Surgical introduced the da Vinci® Surgical System. Today, Intuitive Surgical is the global leader in the rapidly emerging field of robotic-assisted minimally invasive surgery, helping surgeons offer their patients minimally invasive surgery more often and with better outcomes then conventional approaches for those patients who can benefit from it. Intuitive Surgical is also an industry leader in designing data capture from over 3,600 surgical robotics systems used by over 20,000 surgeons globally. As our company has grown in product reach and geography, our opportunity to improve our customer’s experience and our business operations using digital and analytics technologies is substantial and growing quickly.
The Product Analyst, Data Products is responsible for the implementation of custom hospital data products and driving the optimization of operational efficiencies. This person is responsible for collaborating with customer engagement managers, validating incoming clinical and claims data, identifying trends across financial and clinical verticals, presenting strategic actionable insights to business partners, and tracking multiple engagements. The product analyst will design and author detailed-level business/functional requirements for innovative data and analytics products with various EMR, claims and medical device data, working closely with the Product Managers and other key stakeholders. The product analyst will also work closely with the development team to enhance analytics products to ensure that it meets the evolving business needs.
• Collaborate with customer engagement managers to manage data intake, validate incoming data from a HIPAA compliance and data specification perspective utilizing a combination of automated Python scripts and SQL queries
• Maintain and enhance automated Python scripts to reduce manual processing of files
• Analyze data and present strategic insights to customer engagement managers
• Serve as the first-line problem solver to creatively address any roadblocks or barriers to implementing analytics tools
• Prioritize multiple engagements concurrently and proactively monitor progress within the project lifecycle
• Develop business recommendations to streamline customer implementations
• Assist product managers in gathering requirements, writing unambiguous detailed-level business and functional requirements
• Analytical thinking to develop and modify process flows involving statistical analysis and predictive modeling with healthcare data
• Perform functional and user acceptance testing with input from various stakeholders including Marketing, Sales and Health Economics
Qualifications / Skills / Job Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in health care informatics, computer science, statistics or business discipline. MS/MA/MBA is a plus
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience involved in development and operations of Advanced Analytics or Healthcare IT applications
• Minimum 3 years of experience with Python and SQL. R is a plus
• Experience with analytic reporting tools like Tableau, Power BI, Looker, etc.
• Understanding of data warehousing and data management in a healthcare environment
• Expert knowledge of clinical and claims data sets, and medical coding processes
• Basic understanding of healthcare interoperability especially with Claims, EMR, Clinical and Lab applications
• Experience with HIPAA, and knowledge of PHI, PII best practices
• High curiosity and aptitude for understanding trends, outliers and deriving actionable insights from complex data sets
• Self-starter with proven ability to proactively seek and execute creative solutions to solve complex project challenges
• Superior teamwork and interpersonal skills to work across multiple constituents including Sales, Engineering and Marketing
• Excellent written/verbal communication with the ability to provide impactful presentation across cross-functional audiences
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.