Intuitive Surgical Careers
Mechanical Engineering Co-op (Fall)
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-US-NC-Raleigh
Requisition ID: 183495
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical, Inc. means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
• Must be concurrently enrolled in a degree-seeking program with an accredited university or enrolled in an upcoming program.
• Must be available to work full-time hours, M-F for 14-16 weeks during a typical Fall 2019 academic semester. Preference is availability to commit to 2 co-op rotations.
Primary Function of Position:
We are seeking a mechanical engineering student interested in a multi-semester co-op partnership focused on mechanical design and manufacturing support of surgical robotic systems and instruments.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Perform engineering tasks and problem-solving activities related to medical device development and surgical robotic systems and instruments
• Perform Solid Works design and drawing activities
• Perform engineering tests
• Perform documentation activities
• Communicate and collaborate across multiple teams and stakeholders to provide updates and provide task deliverables.
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
• Minimum of 2 years of Mechanical Engineering Bachelor’s degree completed.
• Strong foundational engineering and analytical skills
• Great work ethic and an enthusiasm for engineering activities
• Self-starter and able to work in a collaborative and results oriented environment
• Ability to communicate effectively (written, oral) with multiple teams
• Solid Works design and drawing skills
• Engineering problem-solving
• Awareness of medical device product development and manufacturing processes
• Awareness of surgery and robotic surgical systems
Commitment: Must be available to work full-time hours, M-F for 14-16 weeks beginning Fall of 2019.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.