Intuitive Surgical Careers
Business Intelligence Data Engineer
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 183493
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
The Business Intelligence (BI) Engineer role work closely with customers and BI Analysts to turn data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to make sound business decisions. They provide data that is accurate, congruent and reliable and is easily accessible. The BI Engineer is responsible for the full life cycle development, implementation, production support, and performance tuning of the BU Data Mart. They design and implement reporting and analytical solutions, including both the design of table structures and the processes used to populate those structures with data from internal sources.
• Collects, analyzes, and shares data to help business teams drive improvement in key business metrics
• Understands business strategy and cascades business intelligence needs to the database level
• Writes and executes code and test plans, designs and develops test tools, debugs and reports code bugs
• Documents new and existing models, solutions, and implementations
• Develops data automation framework to test, operate, and maintain data warehouse objects
• Ensure and monitor data security compliance with Enterprise policies and regulations
• Validates the auditing and error handling features of data integration and data movement
• Tracks and reports out on issues and enhancement request for the business in a timely manner
• Measures and tunes performance of various data components
• Adheres to policies, standards, and guidelines to ensure that a consistent framework is applied
• Supports and assists Enterprise Analytics with the integration of BI platforms and applications
• Analyzes and tests new releases/versions of software
• Demonstrated expertise in database development (SQL scripts and or TSQL, PLSQL) creating objects, stored procedures, calculations, transformations and aggregations
• Advanced experience creating test plans, testing and resolving data discrepancies
• Intermediate Knowledge of analytics tools (Tableau, GA) and business intelligence tools (BOXI, Looker)
• Basic know-how in writing analytics programs (transformations/calculations) in R, or Python
• Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication, teamwork, and issue resolution
• Minimum 3 years’ of related technical experience
• Knowledge of one business functional areas
• Experience with database administration
• Knowledge of business intelligence tools and systems required
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Management or specialized training/certification. Or equivalent work experience
• Master’s degree preferred
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.