Intuitive Surgical Careers
Product Services Trainer
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Atlanta
Requisition ID: 183471
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
The Customer Product Trainer will assure that the instructions for cleaning, sterilization, and handling of Intuitive Surgical instruments and accessories are effectively delivered to customers, Sterile Reprocessing Support (SRS) team members (current and new), and other internal departments through classroom, online, or field training . In addition, the Customer Product Trainer will be actively involved in the continuous improvement of training programs, training materials, and other internal or customer related training initiatives.
• Develop training materials to include: in-service guides, competency checklists, team handbook, new employee on-boarding material, and ISI annual meetings. This will also include the development of tasks lists, training schedules, agendas, and test/quizzes.
• Seek to improve the workflows and standards used to develop and deliver training classes and materials.
• Deliver instructor led classes at designated training centers and other ISI locations as needed. Training classes to include, but not limited to:
o SRS Team
o Customers (SPD/DVSPD)
o Distributors (ISI and Remote) – Atlanta, Sunnyvale, Regional (EMEIA, LACA, APAC)
o DVTrust and DVStat
• Plan/coordinate and present at ISI conferences and other ISI related events.
• Plan/coordinate and present at IAHCSMM Conferences
o Regional Local Chapters
o National Conferences
• Provide customer WebEx’s on best practices for cleaning and sterilization of da Vinci products. This will include new product trainings and refresher trainings.
• Manage and update CEU approval for the following:
• Act as a subject matter expert for Technical Trainers and Product Support
• Work with Marketing to support development of marketing materials involving reprocessing of ISI instruments
• Maintain thorough knowledge of regulations, standards, and guidance in the area of reprocessing guidelines.
o Maintain knowledge of FDA, AMII, and ISO sterilization and device reprocessing guidelines.
o Remain current on all professional certifications and vendor credentials
• Provide temporary field support to Regional SRS team members, as needed
• Travel routinely to Sunnyvale CA for training and/or collaboration with other departments
• Provide management with updates regarding training classes, SRS performance, and customer expectations/concerns.
• Complete all administrative tasks in the required time frame
• Travel ~50%
• Ad hoc tasks assigned by management
• Individual must reside in the Atlanta greater area preferably close to the airport or close to the Atlanta ISI office
Competency is based on: education, training, skills and experience. In order to adequately perform the responsibilities of this position the individual must have:
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.S./B.A) preferred or equivalent clinical experience.
• National Certification such as CSPDT, CRCST or CCSVP
• Experience and knowledge of OR protocol and central processing techniques and equipment
• Experience or working knowledge of the use and/or reprocessing of complex medical devices, and excellent mechanical aptitude and problem solving skills
• Detail oriented with excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, including excellent verbal/written communication skills and the ability to effectively interface with all departments
• Proficiency with MS Office applications including: MS Word, Power-Point, Excel
• Lead initiatives that improve training quality and outcomes
• Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a team
• Highly ethical, highly energetic character, with a desire to drive change within the organization, help customers, and empower our co-workers with the knowledge to provide superior support to our customers.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.