Intuitive Surgical Careers
Electrical Engineering Intern
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 183451
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Must be concurrently enrolled in a degree-seeking program with an accredited university or enrolled in an upcoming program in the fall.
Primary Function of Position:
We are seeking a summer intern to support the Electrical Engineering team focused on circuit board development and debug. The intern will:
• Work with circuit design and analysis tools, lab instruments, and lab tools.
• Work with other members of the EE team and have exposure to other engineering departments (mechanical, software, etc.).
• Electrical Engineering major.
• Skill and some experience with lab tools, such as soldering irons, hand tools, etc.
• Great work ethic and enthusiasm for working in an electronics lab.
• Self-starter and able to work in a collaborative and results oriented environment.
• Learn better skills in electrical circuit design:
o CAD tools, such as schematic capture, board layout, simulation, etc.
o Lab tools, such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, etc.
Must be available to work full-time hours, M-F for 10-12 weeks beginning Summer of 2019.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.