Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Product Manager-Upstream Systems Software
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 183444
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
• Manage upstream software development lifecycle, working across the organization to ensure alignment and execution of high-impact software releases.
• Work closely with engineering and design teams to define the next generation of software capabilities.
• Catalog user needs, product feedback and other primary market research to champion long-term product roadmaps defined by providing clinical, operational and economic value to customers.
• Lead projects through the design process including developing market requirements, product requirements, and facilitating tradeoff discussions with design teams while keeping the needs of the customer and the business top of mind.
• Define product claims and regulatory strategy.
• Develop global product commercialization plans for new products and integrate into local marketing teams to execute successful software launches.
• Track emerging technology and identify complementary technology that will enhance the da Vinci surgical capability.
• Position product value against alternative offerings and educate the marketing organization on product differences.
• Craft and refine key value propositions and product positioning in support of building the product brand, marketing collateral and training materials.
• Be the subject matter expert for your product, and the competitors, providing expertise to sales, surgeons, hospital administrators and OR staff.
• Managing Business Review meetings to ensure alignment across the organization.
• Minimum 10 years of professional experience and a Bachelor’s degree required. MBA or advanced degree is desirable.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in product management required, with a history of defining and launching successful products in a therapeutic medical device and/or software company.
• Surgical and/or operating room experience preferred.
• Experience in latest technologies that are influencing healthcare such as Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality is desirable.
• Capacity to learn new technical skills and build clinical acumen.
• Ability to take complex technologies and simplify learning to be understood across a broad customer base.
• Demonstrated ability to work creatively amidst competing priorities to deliver high-impact marketing programs on-time and within budget to support overall marketing strategy and business objectives.
• Proven ability to work across disparate parts of an organization to deliver results.
• Superior verbal/written communication, teamwork, and interpersonal skills to work across multiple stakeholders.
• Self-starter with ability to take leadership in a fast-paced environment.
• Proven ability to effectively build a product brand, position and communicate product value.
• Develop strong partnerships with commercial organization and healthcare practitioners to drive product adoption.
• Able to prioritize and smoothly manage multiple tasks.
• Agility to pivot focus to meet evolving sales and customer needs.
• Well versed in MS Office Suite.
• Ability to travel up to 25% of the time. Some international travel may be required.
• The position is located at Intuitive Headquarters in Sunnyvale, California.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.