Intuitive Surgical Careers
Director, Service Training
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 183420
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The Service Training team is responsible for developing and delivering training that contributes to the overall readiness and performance improvement of departments within the Service & Secondary Markets Business Unit. The Director of Service Training is responsible for maintaining and supporting the strategic expansion of a portfolio of instructor-led, web-based, and distance learning offerings educating teams on the installation, support, service, and repair of Intuitive’s product lines.
The Director will be responsible for managing a team that develops curricula and content for education modules, administers a Learning Management System, and manages the delivery of education modules to students in several locations around the globe. A successful leader in this position will maintain a pulse on technologies and trends in the training industry, align closely with key stakeholding management within the business unit to understand emerging business needs/strategies, and position the team accordingly.
The success of the Service Training team is mission critical to the success of the worldwide Service & Secondary Markets Business Unit. This is where your hands-on experience supporting global service organizations, your fascination with robotics, and your passion for leading change within a complex, fast-paced, highly regulated environment can make a direct impact.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Managing and overseeing all educational strategies for the Service and Secondary Markets Business Unit in support of Intuitive's product portfolio
• Leading a workforce capable of developing and delivering world-class training that drives business unit performance and readiness globally
• Partnering cross-functionally with Field Service, Service Operations & Repair, Technical Support, Customer Service, Customer Success, Sterile Reprocessing, Manufacturing and other departments as needed to establish and lead the development educational project priorities and allocate resources appropriately
• Defining and measuring training Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
• Responsible for defining and managing overall quality of training for the BU
• Overall budget responsibility for department including program and systems expense, travel, equipment and staffing
• Positioning and maintaining the Service Training group as the preferred partner of choice for all BU training needs
• Managing performance of all direct reports
• Anticipating the future needs of the business, and identifying and leading strategic initiatives to position the organization to meet the business need.
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
• Minimum10 years’ of experience in the development/management of training programs in a regulated environment, preferably in support of a service or manufacturing organization
• Minimum 5 years’ experience leading training teams in global markets, preferably in support of a service or manufacturing organization
• B.A. / B.S. Degree in Education, Instructional Design, or related field
• Graduate degree preferred
• Medical-device experience preferred
• Willingness to travel 20% domestically & internationally
• Experience in multi-channel, blended learning solutions; AR/VR experience is a plus
• Confident leader with ability to collaborate, build rapport, confidence and trust among all employee.
• Pragmatic, organized and detailed. Has a big capacity to both think and do, strong on detail and highly organized.
• Ability to promote ideas persuasively, influence others, and build and maintain effective professional relationships with internal partners and business leaders
• An independent thinker willing and able to express and support a point of view.
• Demonstrated ability to think innovatively, connecting the dots when others cannot. Able to make the leap from information to insight.
• Has a quick intelligence, is fast on their feet and quickly responds to issues and questions.
• Great writer and talker. Can organize, summarize, clarify and communicate ideas simply, succinctly, and accurately to engineering and non-technical audiences.
• Capable of maintaining a rapid pace: moves at a nice clip and enjoys having multiple projects going at once. Can change course, be scrappy and get things done on short timeframes.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.