Intuitive Surgical Careers
Software Tools and Release Engineer
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 183408
Intuitive Surgical: What Matters
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
This position will play a key technical role during the development of a novel new surgical robot system. The engineer will be expected to work with a team of software engineers in a development operations and software test role. The ideal candidate will be responsible for development tools, build and test infrastructure that is used in the development of complex robotic surgical systems.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position has responsibility and authority for:
• Design and develop tools for building and installing software for complex systems
• Drive improvements to the software development/release infrastructure, and controls for tools; document processes
• Maintain the continuous integration infrastructure, including nightly builds with (select) automated unit tests
• Configure and Maintain Static and Dynamic Code Analysis Tools
• Maintain and support project specific defect tracking system
• Support the development/enhancement of unit test infrastructure and automated testing
• Develop scripts that automate the testing process at a system level where feasible
• Execute automated test scripts, troubleshoot failures and log software defects
In order to adequately perform the responsibilities of this position the individual must have:
• Great communication skills.
• Experience with scripting in Python, for development of tools and automation scripts, highly desired.
• Experience with configuration management tools.
• Experience with continuous integration tools (i.e. Jenkins)
• Experience with Static and Dynamic Code Analysis Tools highly desired.
• Knowledge of Cmake, Emake, and Makefiles
• Strong intuition and interest in supporting the software development effort and designing software development tools.
• Experience with complex embedded systems/robotics and real time operating systems, and/or experience with Linux and QNX desired.
• Experience with automated test tools a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree in CS, EE, ME, BioE, or related fields preferred or commensurate experience.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.