Intuitive Surgical Careers
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 183379
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
We are looking for a creative, highly engaged Design Manager to join our growing Creative Design team.
As Design Manager, you will play a lead role in the strategy, execution, and design management of products and services materials across different media, including web, advertising, editorial and print. You are the champion for consistency across all brand and communication touch points. You will translate business needs into compelling customer experiences — relying on your strong design and production experience — print and digital. You will conceptualize and design solutions from start to completion as well as guide and mentor designer team members. You are well versed in working with 3rd party vendors to get projects produced in a timely fashion. You are curious, passionate, self-starter with an eye for detail.
· Think strategically and understand all aspects of print and digital product, brand,
and user experience
· Actively shape and enforce visual consistency across all communications and platforms · Turn user needs and business goals into compelling experiences
· Balance creative requirements with the realities of business needs
· Create wireframes / mood-boards / storyboards to communicate design intent
· Lead client presentations —concepts and design intent to cross-functional partners
· Design and build presentations that can be talked through but also stand on their own
· Execute designs from conception to final mechanical file hand-off to print and/or digital
· Iterate on design ideas
· Generate creative assets to support our marketing and sales team
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
· Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Graphic Design and related work experience
· Minimum 9 years of experience designing for in-house marketing team, start up, or agency
· Minimum 7 years of brand and communication design
· Minimum 5 years of user experience design for software or web
· Strong visual design skills — typography, color theory, and composition
· Propose and provide multiple design directions / approaches for projects
· Strong written and verbal communication skills — must be able to articulate the rationale
for every design decision
· Ability to work within established visual guidelines and frameworks
· Intermediate to advanced knowledge of the latest design tools including Adobe CC
· Clear understanding of how to prioritize and optimize work based on business needs
· Proven aptitude for quick creative thinking with acute attention to detail within
· Excellent self-management skills
· Must be adept at shifting gears
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.